What flash and lens for macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

astroman

Apr 12, 2006
I am looking to get a flash to do some indoor shooting as well as a lens for macro as i am not satisfied with the focusing distance for my FZ7. Can CSers recommend me some? Thanks

lens? hmm...

dunno about FZ7, but if yours can use close up filters, maybe can try Hoya +1 +2 +4 or get Nikon or Canon Diopters, then get a ring flash... provided you can trigger it...

can try Raynox DCR250, offer very high diopter, for flash you can search around pana section. im sure you can find alot of options

DCR-250, emoblitz flash, omnibounce, straight metal bracket. this setup never fails on me.

metallilan said:
DCR-250, emoblitz flash, omnibounce, straight metal bracket. this setup never fails on me.

word from the pro of macro to be ..............:thumbsup: ;)

abit of what you can do with the simple tele-macro function( fz5 )

p10504061sb.jpg

p10504075ic.jpg

Hi bro,
What lens did you use to take that? Very nice, especially the 2nd one.

Coltian2004 said:
Hi bro,
What lens did you use to take that? Very nice, especially the 2nd one.

Fz5 tele-macro lor. no lens on top. :sweat:

Sorry huh! Very new to photography so still not familar with the jargons. Is it the mode with a flower on it? Thanks

Coltian2004 said:
Sorry huh! Very new to photography so still not familar with the jargons. Is it the mode with a flower on it? Thanks

yeap...

metallilan said:

DCR-250 is the model of the flash... and straight metal bracket is for holding the flash... can share what are the other two items?

astroman said:
DCR-250 is the model of the flash... and straight metal bracket is for holding the flash... can share what are the other two items?

DCR-250 is a macro lens by raynox, not flash. emoblitz flash = word have said for itself, omnibounce is just a sort of plastic which will diffuse ur light so that you will get a softer lighting

Something like that ar..sorry for the pic quality, using my old cam.

metallilan said:
mind if I ask ...

how much did u pay for the Omnibounce and Emoblitz ?

Wanna get one of these combos as well ..

btw. why use the flash as slave when FZ30 comes with a hotshoe ?

Thanks in advance

SoToNgMaN said:
mind if I ask ...

Thanks in advance

oh that nothing, just for experiment pupose. btw im not using Fz30 :sweat: thats a Fz5 ya know...

Omnibounce is $30, i think the ones that fit for emoblitz is the one for Nikon Sb28. THe emoblitz around $45-$50 it think. Forgot. But i think for Fz30 is wise to get a better flash, pref manual ones, cuz emoblitz is fully automatic..

metallilan said:
oh that nothing, just for experiment pupose. btw im not using Fz30 :sweat: thats a Fz5 ya know...

Omnibounce is $30, i think the ones that fit for emoblitz is the one for Nikon Sb28. THe emoblitz around $45-$50 it think. Forgot. But i think for Fz30 is wise to get a better flash, pref manual ones, cuz emoblitz is fully automatic..

My bad on the panasonic model part ... hehe

In factual I'm eyeing for mecablitz 44 MZ-2 ... but seems like metz have yet to establish a local distributor after JJ have raised their flags ..

Anyway my budget is around $200-$300 ... *hopefully first hand flash* ... seeking for buffer in future for upgrade of cam ...

Cheers and Thanks

metallilan said:

How much is the CR250?? Went to MS yesterday but they dun have it.. they recommended a x4 filter instead.. How many times will the CR250 give?

astroman said:
How much is the CR250?? Went to MS yesterday but they dun have it.. they recommended a x4 filter instead.. How many times will the CR250 give?

go to the consumer section and look for the raynox thread. or look for morphis. raynox dcr250 is 8 diopter.

SoToNgMaN said:
mind if I ask ...

Thanks in advance

ur nick tells who u r.................;)
metallian using FZ5.......no hotshoe

metallilan said:
go to the consumer section and look for the raynox thread. or look for morphis. raynox dcr250 is 8 diopter.

Thanks Bro.
Tho I have so many lenses with me but when I see your shots I very pai sei :embrass:
Keep it Up!!:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.