What fish is this ??....

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandisk

Feb 12, 2005
Tampines, Singapore
www.facebook.com
whats the common/ scientific name ??....

3146496013_049944025b_o.jpg

...these look like ikan aruan aka toman aka snakehead (Channa Striatus). They will loose the yellow colour when grown and will be greyish in colour. The varieties found in our reservoirs can grow quite big up to 800cm while the drain dwellers are smaller. Locals eat them for their medicinal properties ie to encourage/fasten healing after surgery.

Last edited:
...these look like ikan aruan aka toman aka snakehead (Channa Striatus). They will loose the yellow colour when grown and will be greyish in colour. The varieties found in our reservoirs can grow quite big up to 800cm while the drain dwellers are smaller. Locals eat them for their medicinal properties ie to encourage/fasten healing after surgery.

Not necessary in grey in colour when grown.... i have seen small and big grey colour one and giants yellow one around 1 meter.

yeap, that what the bro said. its toman aka aruan aka snakehead.

if you fish this fish, especially the big one, it will give a good fight. me once catch big one, abt 3-4kg. man, the head itself almost the same thickness as my thigh.

I rear this species before, they are quite fierce and can grow up to few metres. Locals call them Toman fish.

yup.. snakehead aka toman, when they were younger... they can be used as feeders for arowanas
when toman grows up, the aro will become feeder hehe:bsmilie:

These are young Channa micropeltes or Toman. Channa striatus or Aruan lacks the long black strips.

Status
Not open for further replies.