What filters to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugsz

Aug 14, 2006
hi i've been looking thru the forums haven't seen anyone talk about the difference in quality of expensive filters and cheap filters.
i'm actually looking for CPL and ND filters not sure if i should spend so much money on hoya cpl filters which may cost up to $150? or just get cheap tianya filters which probably cost like 10bucks.
do they actually make alot of difference in terms of image quality?
should i just go for the expensive hoya or don't bother just get the tianya filters?

hi i've been looking thru the forums haven't seen anyone talk about the difference in quality of expensive filters and cheap filters.
i'm actually looking for CPL and ND filters not sure if i should spend so much money on hoya cpl filters which may cost up to $150? or just get cheap tianya filters which probably cost like 10bucks.
should i just go for the expensive hoya or don't bother just get the tianya filters?

If Hoya is expensive to u, then what about B+W? IMO, u still pay for what u get and there are differences between a cheap CPL and an expensive one.

I don't like TianYa CPL as the ring is hard to turn and greasy. But does standard Hoya CPL cost that much ..... $150?

I don't know what filter size you are referring to but I just got a normal 62mm Hoya CPL for $30+.

Never put a cheap filter in front of your expensive lens & dslr image sensor =P

What size Hoya are you trying to get? 120mm???

i think the cheapest normal hoya filter for 77mm cost like $90 and the hd cpl cost like 145?

77mm Cir Pol - $90 TCW -$89(MS), $70(OP), $85(AP)

Last edited:
i'm sorry but if u're not keen to help u shouldn't just post to increase your post number.
i did my research before posting
this is what i got from the mass sale thread. look carefully its $145

Hoya HD CPL See Test result between B+W Kaesemann and Hoya HD <= click
-------------------
82mm = S$160 0 left stock is available for Pre order only
77mm = S$145 2 left
72mm = S$130 1 left
67mm = S$120 1 left
58mm = S$85 0 left
52mm = S$75 2 left
40.5mm = S$85

If Hoya is expensive to u, then what about B+W? IMO, u still pay for what u get and there are differences between a cheap CPL and an expensive one.

hmm of course there is difference but just not sure if i should spend so much just on filters.
few ND and CPL will probably cost me a bomb so just wondering if its worth the money invested.
anyone here used before tianya filters? any reviews as compared to the expensive ones?

hmm of course there is difference but just not sure if i should spend so much just on filters.
few ND and CPL will probably cost me a bomb so just wondering if its worth the money invested.
anyone here used before tianya filters? any reviews as compared to the expensive ones?

If u use it often or full time, it's worth getting better filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.