What Film???

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimePhotog

Deregistered
Oct 25, 2007
www.flickr.com
Hi all. i just got myself an EOS 5, and i have a 28 1.8 and a 50 1.4 cause i am currently using 20D. Now wondering what film is good. any particular brand??? thks

I'm guessing you'll be shooting streets with that combo? Something like Provia 400X, a 400 film with suprisingly low grain.. if landscapes theres the ever popular Velvia 50/100.. btw, these are slide films instead of the usual negatives..

I'm guessing you'll be shooting streets with that combo? Something like Provia 400X, a 400 film with suprisingly low grain.. if landscapes theres the ever popular Velvia 50/100.. btw, these are slide films instead of the usual negatives..

May i know what is the diff between slide film and negatives??? thks in advance:)

May i know what is the diff between slide film and negatives??? thks in advance:)

Slides are also called 'positive' or 'transparent'. Read more about them here and something about the Slide Projector. Still remember how we used them in school or how traveling photographers made their money showing slides.

Thks. Is it more expensive to develop slides compared to negatives?/

Yes. It is more expensive and longer waiting time before u see your result.
- Negative (many shops can finish the processing in one hour)
- Positive (only some shops do it now in Sg. Some takes 3days or more. Fastest one that I found is in 3 hours.)

Price: my experience only
Negative - approx $5 (if u do not develop it into photos/prints)
Positive - approx $7 (if you want them to be mounted)

Since i am doing film more for fun, i think i would do negatives first.. maybe i go into positives in a while... any good negative film to recommend??? thks in advance for replies:)

negs, something like Reala 100?

If you're just starting out, it doesn't matter. Just buy the cheapest film from the 1.99 shops, like Konica or Kodak Max.

Once you have enough experience, you'll know the differences between films. Just like people who drink wine a lot can tell the subtle differences between different wines. But at the start, as long as the wine is from a reputable vineward, you can drink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.