what film for indoor events in shopping centres?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeppie99

Feb 26, 2002
community.webshots.com
Can anyone recommend slide/negative film for such events where lighting is really crap? assume cannot use flash and shooting from far with some f5.6 zoom lens.

Originally posted by yeppie99
Can anyone recommend slide/negative film for such events where lighting is really crap? assume cannot use flash and shooting from far with some f5.6 zoom lens.

Fuji Press 800, optionally pushed 1 stop to 1600. Don't try slides unless you like colour casts.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by yeppie99
how is the grain when used at iso 800 and pushed to 1600?

Considering that you get 1600, it's pretty okay. Even at 800, it's darned good. MUCH better than the Kodak Max 400.

Here's a sample of Fuji Press 800 pushed a stop to 1600.

Sample

Regards
CK

yeppie: i recommend the Fujicolor Superia 1600. I had a copy of a S8R developed from it. There are no apparent grains appearing on the print. Dunno about scanning from negatives itself. Quality should be better as it's not pushed.

ckiang: what are the dots on the photo? is it scanned from negatives?

Originally posted by mervlam
yeppie: i recommend the Fujicolor Superia 1600. I had a copy of a S8R developed from it. There are no apparent grains appearing on the print. Dunno about scanning from negatives itself. Quality should be better as it's not pushed.

ckiang: what are the dots on the photo? is it scanned from negatives?

Yes, this is a negative scan from the lab. According to the lab, Press 800 pushed a stop is slightly better than the Superia 1600.
Forgot the reason.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Press 800 is $6.30 at Cathay.

Regards
CK

Fujicolor Superia 1600 is around $7.00 at Cathay

Status
Not open for further replies.