What equipment for photoshoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2008
Hi guys,

I'll be helping a friend do a outdoor photoshoot for his personal cd album. What would be the minimum configuration that you would use? It will be like this kind of shots.

I currently am using a D60 with a Tamron 17-50. I don't have a flash unit but I think I may get one because it is most likely be used right? Do I need any filters?

Hope to hear your advice. Thanks.

Shawn

Last edited:

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
Hi guys,

I'll be helping a friend do a outdoor photoshoot for his personal cd album. What would be the minimum configuration that you would use?

I currently am using a D60 with a Tamron 17-50. I don't have a flash unit but I think I may get one because it is most likely be used right? Do I need any filters?

Hope to hear your advice. Thanks.

Shawn
You mean to do a series of shoots or just a single portrait picture? Your gear should be good enough. Just get a ext flash or reflector if you need to reduce shadows at certain angles.

hammie

Jun 29, 2004
Tiong Bahru
Shoot more and get book with posing and portraits. They teach the do and don't.

gymak90

Jan 5, 2008
The Far North
filters are not necessary all the time. unless you are trying to achieve some special effects.

get a good flash and reflector. you might need more than 1 flash gun if you want to reduce shadows and increase contrast if the situaion arises.

if this your first time into portraiture, i suggest you read more and learn the techniques (there are many of them).

viix

Oct 25, 2002
Singapore
Your gears are more than sufficient to produce a great looking CD cover.
The question to better ask yourself is the location.

Plan your gears around the location you are shooting at. All the factors of the location will determine and limit the choices of your gears. For eg. what time of the day has the best directional light? do you need to use flash? Additional Floodlights? Reflectors? Lens range? simple props? Or maybe it's on a busy street, the timing to get free calafares etc.. ;)

dennisc

Oct 24, 2002
Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
Timing is important. Notice the shot have partially covered sunlight. Do it in the morning or evening for more dramatic results when the sun is lower.

knifeslash

Aug 11, 2008
many thanks guys! we intend to do a series of shots and we haven't decided the theme and thus the venue. it's my first time so it'll be kindda like a practice for me itself. i'll also be reading up online to know more before I commence the shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom