What equipment for camera/lens cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desewer

Sep 22, 2004
Changi
Hi, I'm a newbie here. I need some help with cleaning of my cameras. I do not own any cleaning equipment yet, and I intend to purchase some tomorrow (15/11/04). ;)

I have a 20D with kit lens, and an old Canon F-1 with 50mm f/1.4 lens. What are the equipment I need to clean my stuff? And how much will it cost me? :dunno:

From what I know, I will need:

1. lens cleaning fluid
2. micro-fibre cloth
3. lens tissue

Anything else? Your help is greatly appreciated!

desewer said:
Hi, I'm a newbie here. I need some help with cleaning of my cameras. I do not own any cleaning equipment yet, and I intend to purchase some tomorrow (15/11/04). ;)

I have a 20D with kit lens, and an old Canon F-1 with 50mm f/1.4 lens. What are the equipment I need to clean my stuff? And how much will it cost me? :dunno:

From what I know, I will need:

1. lens cleaning fluid
2. micro-fibre cloth
3. lens tissue

Anything else? Your help is greatly appreciated!

blwower and brush...

y du u need a tissue when u already have the cloth??

i personally dun use the fluid...destroys the lens coating i heard...dunno true anot....

normally juz brush and blow the filter can liao...with a filter i guess u dun need to clean the lens..only the filter..

Witness said:
blwower and brush...

y du u need a tissue when u already have the cloth??

i personally dun use the fluid...destroys the lens coating i heard...dunno true anot....

normally juz brush and blow the filter can liao...with a filter i guess u dun need to clean the lens..only the filter..

I guess the tissue's handy to keep in the camera bag for those dusty shoots, and also handy for immediate cleaning.

I think I'll get the blower, brush and MF cloth. Sure no need for lens fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.