What does waterproof camera case for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyingpig

Aug 12, 2004
Singapore
Hi, what does waterproof case for? Protect camera and can be put underwater?? Thanks in advance!

Does all cameras has it's waterproof camera case? :)

waterproof case?if i ever need one,i just put in a ziploc.
if u are talking about underwater camera casing,not all cameras have.
those SLR UW casing cost a few k!!
i understand an A80 casing cost $400 or so..

kex said:

My apology.. i mean underwter camera case :embrass:

Omg just a casing to cover camera and it cost so much! Not worth to buy :nono:

so u can bring ur camera for diving/snorkeling?

Flyingpig said:
My apology.. i mean underwter camera case :embrass:

Omg just a casing to cover camera and it cost so much! Not worth to buy :nono:

i dun think u will want to run the risk of getting ur cam wet & irrepairable if u had used a cheapo UW casing rite?

foxtwo said:
i dun think u will want to run the risk of getting ur cam wet & irrepairable if u had used a cheapo UW casing rite?

Yes definitely! If i really wanted to have some shot in underwater i'll not take risk :sweat:

kex said:

Underwater housing for A80 not that expensive lah... :cool:
Cost around $250 - $300

Flyingpig said:
Hi, what does waterproof case for? Protect camera and can be put underwater?? Thanks in advance!

Does all cameras has it's waterproof camera case? :)

Why wouldn't anyone just buy a disposable underwater camera? I mean, that's like $20...what if the underwater casing was faulty and your camera gets spoiled?!!

daphz said:
Why wouldn't anyone just buy a disposable underwater camera? I mean, that's like $20...what if the underwater casing was faulty and your camera gets spoiled?!!

Agree on this point......unless u are into underwater photography or take pictures under water frequently ( like swimming pool ?? :bsmilie: ) then i think u can seriouly think abt buying one.

However if u on a holiday trip to say Redang or some diving tours, I think the recommendation by daphz is the perfect choice. Get a disposible underwater camera!!!

I agree..if i'm serious about it..definitely would spend the money on good underwater case..

look at underwater photography section and u will see the need of underwater casing. More for divers. So b4 u buy one, learn to dive 1st as you need license for it. But if u dont wish to learn the only chance to shoot underwater creatures are low tides. :) hmm then more likely a ziplog bag is sufficient heehee anyway this kind of photography, i havent try yet so not sure.. but soon i will if the tidal time is right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.