What does waterproof camera case for?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyingpig

New Member
Aug 12, 2004
801
0
0
Singapore
#1
Hi, what does waterproof case for? Protect camera and can be put underwater?? Thanks in advance!

Does all cameras has it's waterproof camera case? :)
 

kex

Senior Member
Oct 16, 2002
2,078
0
36
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
#2
waterproof case?if i ever need one,i just put in a ziploc.
if u are talking about underwater camera casing,not all cameras have.
those SLR UW casing cost a few k!!
i understand an A80 casing cost $400 or so..
 

Flyingpig

New Member
Aug 12, 2004
801
0
0
Singapore
#3
kex said:
waterproof case?if i ever need one,i just put in a ziploc.
if u are talking about underwater camera casing,not all cameras have.
those SLR UW casing cost a few k!!
i understand an A80 casing cost $400 or so..
My apology.. i mean underwter camera case :embrass:

Omg just a casing to cover camera and it cost so much! Not worth to buy :nono:
 

w.s

New Member
Mar 15, 2004
800
0
0
Singapore
#4
so u can bring ur camera for diving/snorkeling?
 

foxtwo

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
2,522
0
0
singapore
#5
Flyingpig said:
My apology.. i mean underwter camera case :embrass:

Omg just a casing to cover camera and it cost so much! Not worth to buy :nono:
i dun think u will want to run the risk of getting ur cam wet & irrepairable if u had used a cheapo UW casing rite?
 

Flyingpig

New Member
Aug 12, 2004
801
0
0
Singapore
#6
foxtwo said:
i dun think u will want to run the risk of getting ur cam wet & irrepairable if u had used a cheapo UW casing rite?
Yes definitely! If i really wanted to have some shot in underwater i'll not take risk :sweat:
 

alftan

New Member
Aug 10, 2004
210
0
0
#7
kex said:
waterproof case?if i ever need one,i just put in a ziploc.
if u are talking about underwater camera casing,not all cameras have.
those SLR UW casing cost a few k!!
i understand an A80 casing cost $400 or so..
Underwater housing for A80 not that expensive lah... :cool:
Cost around $250 - $300
 

daphz

New Member
Apr 19, 2004
223
0
0
38
#9
Flyingpig said:
Hi, what does waterproof case for? Protect camera and can be put underwater?? Thanks in advance!

Does all cameras has it's waterproof camera case? :)
Why wouldn't anyone just buy a disposable underwater camera? I mean, that's like $20...what if the underwater casing was faulty and your camera gets spoiled?!!
 

ReSpawN

New Member
Jun 15, 2004
212
0
0
Tam pines
#10
daphz said:
Why wouldn't anyone just buy a disposable underwater camera? I mean, that's like $20...what if the underwater casing was faulty and your camera gets spoiled?!!
Agree on this point......unless u are into underwater photography or take pictures under water frequently ( like swimming pool ?? :bsmilie: ) then i think u can seriouly think abt buying one.

However if u on a holiday trip to say Redang or some diving tours, I think the recommendation by daphz is the perfect choice. Get a disposible underwater camera!!!
 

Flyingpig

New Member
Aug 12, 2004
801
0
0
Singapore
#11
I agree..if i'm serious about it..definitely would spend the money on good underwater case..
 

starry

New Member
Mar 24, 2004
105
0
0
www.walrusblog.com
#12
look at underwater photography section and u will see the need of underwater casing. More for divers. So b4 u buy one, learn to dive 1st as you need license for it. But if u dont wish to learn the only chance to shoot underwater creatures are low tides. :) hmm then more likely a ziplog bag is sufficient heehee anyway this kind of photography, i havent try yet so not sure.. but soon i will if the tidal time is right :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom