What does "reserved" mean?

hydroburn249

Oct 4, 2007
Woodlands
www.flickr.com
Hi guys what exactly is the understanding of reserved in the buy and sell forum? Reason i ask is because i received this PM about a lens i was selling.

"if so, then consider it reserved for me? meet and deal fast in the coming days."

from what i understood, buyer is interested in the lens and is serious about buying it, even going to the extent of saying that will deal in the coming days.

following further correspondence, buyer replied: "can i view tmrw? i'll be at the east till 2 then the north from 2 onwards."

feeling excited i'm finally making a sale, i actually went to the trouble of getting a small box plus bubble wrap to protect the lens on transit. that night, i sent an SMS to the buyer, asking confirmation of location. no reply.

i brought the lens along for my errand in the morning, and sent another text message asking for a confirmation again.

to which i received a reply "hi sorry i didnt reply earlier on the lens but i got myself another lens already. so yeah. thanks."

i got really pissed off at this, because i understand if a buyer backs out of a deal because they arent happy with the lens on inspection, but to back out of a "reserved" deal and not tell the person? furthermore, he could have replied the PM i sent that he already got a lens the night before or something. instead of on the morning of the meet?

i guess live and let live. which was the advice the buyer gave to me. "maybe you're new to cs and all, so just relax. things like this will happen. sorry again."

so i'd like to ask, does reserve mean "i'm interested, please tell others its not for sale anymore" or what?

thanks for reading my long rant.

"reserved" mean to offer higher or get better price. Either seller or buyer without integrity will look around for higher /better prices and dumb on the other deals.

izzit like put tissue paper to 'reserve' sit :p

To me, "reserved" means non-refundable deposit have been paid to the seller :D

Others interested with the product must pay triple :D

Recently got this guy 'ramzly', pm me to say he is interested in the lens I put up for sale and even left his mobile.
I sms him and left him pm. Well, some people just dunno what is basic manner and does not even respond. :thumbsd::angry:

i've already got tons of last min back outs previously... just be prepared and don't get too excited when 'reserving' item...

reserved = very quiet and silent, not outgoing.

maybe that's what they mean. :bsmilie:

ts, don't take it so hard...

clubsnap is like that, singapore is like that. a lot of people who just play play, try luck, try to get good deal. no good deal, don't want. these are the lot that will do this when buying, and then when selling they will tell you ok, reserved for you... and turn and sell to the next higher bidder.

just move on, you will meet more ok buyers over time. :)

Next time when you put up a WTS thread, put in "No reserve. First come, first serve only" notice.

I think it's quite disgusting that this person can back out like this and then have the cheek to give you "advice".
This type of bad behaviour is not the norm on CS, nor should it be.

It's just that we're powerless to do anything about it, hence all the "let it be" advice.

Get used to it.. :D

ts, don't take it so hard...

clubsnap is like that, singapore is like that. a lot of people who just play play, try luck, try to get good deal. no good deal, don't want. these are the lot that will do this when buying, and then when selling they will tell you ok, reserved for you... and turn and sell to the next higher bidder.

just move on, you will meet more ok buyers over time. :)

Sorry brother night86mare..... Clubsnap is NOT like that.......... a number of the people with registered accounts here are like that ... their actions are not to be confused with the entity

hydroburn, name him......... at least others know and will think twice about dealing with fickle people like these in future

suggestion to be include in B&S thread: ;p

lens for sale, buy now price @ $500.00, ($50 or 10% cheaper than average 2nd hand price which ever is higher)

first sms/call/email reply for arranging for meeting is free, subsequent sms/call/email at $1.00 per reply.

meeting outside resident/workplace area no more than 100m away is free, further than that is $1 per 100m

meeting duration first 10min is free, subsequent time at $1 per min.
late for appointment is $5 per min.

reserve for viewing, $50.00 or 20% of the selling price whichever is lower
after viewing without making a deal, $35.00

borrowing item from selling to check item for sale, charges are follow,
camera body $20.00
camera lens (kit lens or 50mm lens only) $10.00
flash $15.00
memory card $5.00
battery $5.00