What does it take for an Indonesian in Batam to visit Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotocreatix

Oct 6, 2005
Hi all,

Need some advice. I have several qns:

1) Does an Indonesian need a visa to visit Singapore for a couple of days?
2) Can a visa be obtained upon arrival?
3) Where are ferry tickets to Singapore sold in Batam?
4) How much does return trip cost?
5) Can the tickets be bought online?
6) Are there potential immigration problems that I should be aware of if the person is a lady travelling to Singapore alone?

My humble thanks in advance....

.. haven't been there, let me try to help with your questions..

1) and 2) no and no. singapore gives 14 or 30 days free entry to passport holders of indonesia, and some other countries.
3) batam centre.
4) not expensive. less than S$40. but i think you will still have to pay the very unpopular exit tax (fiskal) of Rp half a million.
5) no. try these sites for the schedule and fare. here or here
6) :bsmilie: of course not. just take note of the existing customs rules and regulations applicable to prohibited and dutiable goods, like drugs, liquors and cigarettes, etc.

1) Does an Indonesian need a visa to visit Singapore for a couple of days?
2) Can a visa be obtained upon arrival?
3) Where are ferry tickets to Singapore sold in Batam?
4) How much does return trip cost?
5) Can the tickets be bought online?
6) Are there potential immigration problems that I should be aware of if the person is a lady travelling to Singapore alone?

My humble thanks in advance....

.. haven't been there, let me try to help with your questions..

1) and 2) no and no. singapore gives 14 or 30 days free entry to passport holders of indonesia, and some other countries.
3) batam centre.
4) not expensive. less than S$40. but i think you will still have to pay the very unpopular exit tax (fiskal) of Rp half a million.
5) no. try these sites for the schedule and fare. here or here
6) :bsmilie: of course not. just take note of the existing customs rules and regulations applicable to prohibited and dutiable goods, like drugs, liquors and cigarettes, etc.

It's 30 days visa free; not 14 days. Even the Malaysians, who used to be given 14 days up to a maximum of 60 days stay within 3 months, are now given a 30 days stamp. No more 14-day stamp.

It's 30 days visa free; not 14 days. Even the Malaysians, who used to be given 14 days up to a maximum of 60 days stay within 3 months, are now given a 30 days stamp. No more 14-day stamp.

since when, no more 14 days stamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.