Status
Not open for further replies.

nice1888

Nov 9, 2008
Singapore
Hi all,

Please tell me what HDR stand for.
Thank you in advance.

HDR = High Dynamic Range, also HDRI = High Dynamic Range Imaging. That's when several identical or near-identical images are taken at different exposures. Then, we use HDRI software to generate HDRI image. Usage eg. interior of flat with backlit window. As the camera is unable to record details cos beyond brightness range of camera. So the net result = u can see the details of the window and not just white space. Therefore, use HDRI to solve this overexposed-cum-underexposed problem in an image.

Not easy to take different exposures cos if camera moves even slightly, alignment problems will occur resulting in ghosting in final image.

But if u want to avoid this problem by taking just one image and then using photoshop to vary exposures, and afterwards make a copy of each exposure and then merge the differently exposed images into one, that's NOT TRUE HDRI.

Soon, we'll be seeing HDR photo sensors in the market..

maybe it means Help Desk Request... :p or Hard Drive Reformat..lol

yah.. it stands for High Dynamic Range... its NOT High Definition

in simple words, its kinda like taking a same image at multiple exposures (eg. -1EV, 0EV, +1EV) and re-combining using HDR Software such as Photomatix. Photoshop also has some features for HDR.

Hi, I am new here and have yet to buy my camera.

Saving up to buy after chinese new year, found this thread useful on explaining how to derive a HDR image, would like to learn more in this forum thanks ! ;)

I have major difficulty.. I take 3 shots.. different exposure. Use Photomatrix to either create HDR or blend... result sucks!

Hi Guys,

All pics taken with timer and tripod with exposure bracketing.

1st image is HDR generated by Photomatix - Looks horrible... why why why.. please help.

2,3,4 images are original images.

p10002798081hdrir2.jpg

p1000281ea5.jpg

p1000280ad5.jpg

p1000279lj4.jpg

Your final HDR output desired is brighter that any of the three brackets you took. You will get a noisy processed shot since the program will end up pull more details from what ever underexposed shots bracketted.

Try making one of the brackets more exposed.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.