Once upon a time, in a galaxy far far away, on a magical world with pixies, genies, fairies and sub-S$1K 20Mpix DSLRs .... oops, sorry, that one from my dreams This brief history and update are for those members who have been wondering about how ClubSNAP came to be and who are the people behind ClubSNAP. Hope you find it interesting reading.
This fact was lamented loudly and frequently during Gatherings around that time, and we were often sitting around tossing out ideas of what to do. From there, a core group of members then came up with the idea of setting up our own forums. Once that was decided, things moved pretty quickly, the name ClubSNAP was coined in one of the meetings, and on January 17th, 2002, ClubSNAP opened its doors.
The Founding Members initially provided the financial support as well as the resources, ideas and skills that have brought us to where we are today and they will forever be known as the key people behind the formation of the Forum that you see now.
the reason we formed this club was to let those who interested in photography to get together. this club "was" meant for snappers...but then....hidden tiger, swallow dragon, some members have turned professionals ( congratz to them).
Our first photo shot was at Palau Ubin, myself, adamgoi, bluestrike(missing) and kongg(missing) were there.
we went there on the 2nd anniversary...
then on the 3rd years, everyone were busy with their own stuff...so no more anniversary.....
I always tot "SNAP" as "siao lang" - aka crazy people..:bsmilie:
Cause its a club of crazy people down here...:bsmilie:..it's real fun!
v. snapped, snap·ping, snaps
1. To make a brisk sharp cracking sound: "Logs snapped in the grate" James Fox.
2. To break suddenly with a brisk, sharp, cracking sound.
a. To give way abruptly under pressure or tension: With so many people crowding onto the platform, its supports snapped.
b. To suffer a physical or mental breakdown, especially while under stress: feared that the troops would snap from fatigue.
4. To bring the jaws briskly together, often with a clicking sound; bite.
5. To snatch or grasp suddenly and with eagerness: snap at a chance to go to China.
6. To speak abruptly or sharply: snapped at the child.
7. To move swiftly and smartly: snap to attention. See Synonyms at jerk1.
8. To flash or appear to flash light; sparkle: eyes that snapped with anger.
9. To open, close, or fit together with a click: The lock snapped shut. The jacket snaps in front.