What does blinking light on maha charger mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sausage

Feb 1, 2002
At home
www.singaporeanimenews.net
Charging some maha powerex 2700 batteries on a maha charger now, and 2 of the 4 red LEDs are blinking. Anyone knows what this means? Are the batteries dead?

Charging some maha powerex 2700 batteries on a maha charger now, and 2 of the 4 red LEDs are blinking. Anyone knows what this means? Are the batteries dead?

Read the manual ... if in doubt look for shelter and call 999.

Red almost always means bad (when there're also green indicator LEDs present, lah).

And blinking red is also rarely a good thing.

Is there an option to discharge completely the batts? Do that, and try to charge again after the discharging cycle.

Have you tried putting the batteries in different charging chambers? If the same batt gives the same red blinking LEDs, that means it's probably faulty already.

which maha charger are you using?

the one i use, the red light doesn't blink. only the orange blinks, when it is discharging the batteries

Are you using the 401? If this happens on a 401, I usually just disconnect it from the mains and rest it a while then when it is cool to the touch, plug it back in. Other 2 lights off right? YMMV.:dunno:

that's why i like my wizard one analyser. it tells me when the battery is dead.

your batteries might be gone case liao. i used to get blinking LEDs on my GP charger for some batts. kept those batteries one side. after i bought my maha, i tried again. some of them could be charged for a few more cycles, but some of them really died liao. "high impedance"

Yes, using a 401.
I can't understand why every set of Maha powerex 2700s that I have eventually develop this blinking problem within a year. I put them through normal use in a camera, not a flash, and all have been charged less than 25 times. So far my Maha Imedions don't have this problem.

Blinking red light means the battery is faulty.

Ask eastgear, they are the authorised distributor.

Yes, using a 401.
I can't understand why every set of Maha powerex 2700s that I have eventually develop this blinking problem within a year. I put them through normal use in a camera, not a flash, and all have been charged less than 25 times. So far my Maha Imedions don't have this problem.

I have the same charger and also more than 5 sets of PowerEx batteries, 20 of the 2700 anyway.. and I don't have this problem. I constantly rotate and charge them.

My under-used AAA rechargeable batteries were the ones who suffered from the damaged battery problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.