What does Bicubic and Interpolate of pixels does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interpolation is the process by which software attempts to increase the size of an image by guessing what colour and brightness are the pixels to be added in. It does this by looking at the pixels already in the image. Bilinear interpolation refers to the process of interpolation whereby the 4 adjacent pixels are used to determine what the pixels should be, and bicubic uses the 16 nearest pixels to determine the pixel...and if that is not enough, in CS2, there is bicubic sharper and bicubic smoother... :)

Interpolation is the process by which software attempts to increase the size of an image by guessing what colour and brightness are the pixels to be added in. It does this by looking at the pixels already in the image. Bilinear interpolation refers to the process of interpolation whereby the 4 adjacent pixels are used to determine what the pixels should be, and bicubic uses the 16 nearest pixels to determine the pixel...and if that is not enough, in CS2, there is bicubic sharper and bicubic smoother... :)

Forgive my newbieness. So which is the best interpolation for resizing any photos? or does different interpolation do different magics to different kind of images?

i use bicubic sharper to downsize and bicubic smoother to upsize :)

Well i think u'll get a better explanation if u can try it out and see the results for yourself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.