What do you usually use to carry your tripod around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangkuangz

Sep 16, 2003
Visit site
Any recommendation for a bag, strap or other thing (and where to get) that you usually use to carry your tripod around? Especially if you want to trekking or walking long distance without killing your shoulder/back. Tripod weight ard 2kg +

Thanks !

:what: 2kg kaoz... so heavy..... I juz use the original manfrotto strap.... easy to openup tripod legs. juz unsling 2 legs and clip clip clip wahla. tripod mounted. can sling and move around the tripod without closing up the tripod legs also, always get ready to open up those sexy legs again. :bigeyes:

i usually use a Op/Tech tripod strap. very well padded with anti-slip grips. if i'm packing to travel, then i will use a discreet Slik tripod bag, very cheap only @ <$20 from CP.

Larry said:
i usually use a Op/Tech tripod strap. very well padded with anti-slip grips. if i'm packing to travel, then i will use a discreet Slik tripod bag, very cheap only @ <$20 from CP.

Same here, but think the strap is a little above $20 from what i recall, less they've revised again. Bought one in November 03.

Dagger said:
Same here, but think the strap is a little above $20 from what i recall, less they've revised again. Bought one in November 03.

Thanks a lot guys ..

is the straps that you are talking abt just a normal straps to hook the tripod or issit the one that can secure the tripod tightly to your back (more like Legolas bow's strap like dat) ?

optech is cool..
u can tighten it --> it's like a slingbag strap...
just be careful when u go places with many little kids... one careless swing and that's it (for the kid).

denizenx said:
optech is cool..
u can tighten it --> it's like a slingbag strap...
just be careful when u go places with many little kids... one careless swing and that's it (for the kid).

Hmm .. just saw it in their website .. quite cool .. any idea how much $$ and where to find it in SG ?

I use either a tripod strap or slot the tripod in to my trolley if it's going to be towed on smooth surfaces.

2Kg for a tripod isn't heavy .. try one that weighs around 8.5kg (including head) sometime. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.