What do you use to clean your lens/filters?

What do you use to clean your lens/filters

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
Please give me your polls guys. I want to know what's the most popular way of cleaning your gears!

Royce said:
Need more options:
* Lens tissue with fluid
* Blower
* Lens pen

Depends on what is being cleaned.

Lens tissue with fluid = Optical tissue with cleaning liquid
Blower = A MUST! So I'm not mentioning here. Anyway, you can't survive with just a blower!
Lens pen = Lens pens

Umm, i just huff on it and wipe it with a lens tissue... :embrass:

tingchiyen said:
Umm, i just huff on it and wipe it with a lens tissue... :embrass:

Think you should get a decent blower at least, to work together with your lens tissue. I was wondering if you can clean your lens without the cleaning liquid though.

No liquid unless lens is badly smudged. I use microfibre cloth after a blower to clean. Amazing piece of cloth - removes everything & cleaner than traditional methods too.

Usually just the vapour from my breath then wipe clean with my t-shirt. :bsmilie: But for filter only.

But for lens front element, I use lens tissue and cloth and blower.

how about just spit and wipe with your sweaty t-shirt. :bsmilie:

earthlings said:
how about just spit and wipe with your sweaty t-shirt. :bsmilie:

This is a newbie act, although I know a lot of newbies know how to clean their lens/filters! ;)

so far i never clean my lens elements leh...if have to i guess just use blower.

for filter like tingchiyen say - huff and wipe ;p been huffing and wiping for the past 15 years :)

madmacs said:
so far i never clean my lens elements leh...if have to i guess just use blower.

for filter like tingchiyen say - huff and wipe ;p been huffing and wiping for the past 15 years :)
I concur... Virgo, i've been "huffing & wiping" my filter and lens for the last 10 years or so, unless there's a really big blob of oily stuff i can't get rid of, in which case i use my lens pen. I only resort to lens fluid as a last-chance scenario, as indiscriminate use can actually damage your lens coating. Like you said, blower is a must to get rid of dust, but if it's really gone-case, mangled with fungus etc. i send it in for professional cleaning... i really don't play with fluid cos i don't trust myself with it.

I spit on the lens and clean it with toilet paper :D

tingchiyen said:
I concur... Virgo, i've been "huffing & wiping" my filter and lens for the last 10 years or so, unless there's a really big blob of oily stuff i can't get rid of, in which case i use my lens pen. I only resort to lens fluid as a last-chance scenario, as indiscriminate use can actually damage your lens coating. Like you said, blower is a must to get rid of dust, but if it's really gone-case, mangled with fungus etc. i send it in for professional cleaning... i really don't play with fluid cos i don't trust myself with it.

Thanx tingchiyen. I think most of us didn't use fluid with cleaning cloth/tissue. I'm a bit suprised actually. Thought that most of us would use fluid.

Anyway, the lens element is always protected by a filter. We only clean the filter most of the time. That's an interesting finding for me though.

After one disastrous encounter with my hoya filter and lens cleaning fluid which took off half the coating, I now stick to blower brush, lens cloth, and my breath. :D

cosmatic sponge, no liquid require and cheap. Try it.
gentle enuf for yr face, no scratching of lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.