what do you use to backup your sd card while overseas

Because it has evolved.

Use a USB OTG and use a combination of your HP, HDD, USB hub, and SD card + reader.

Handphone -> USB OTG -> Powered USB Hub -> Split into HDD and SD Card Reader

Use a android handphone's file manager to transfer the files directly from SD/CF to your HDD.

Last edited:
I used to use Vosonic, but the price of the newer models is fairly high while those of laptops (as well as their weight) have come down so.. It became a little hard to justify getting such media devices.

Anyways, because my current camera has dual card slots, there is no longer a need for that. If both cards fail, that's just life. :(

Because it has evolved.

Use a USB OTG and use a combination of your HP, HDD, USB hub, and SD card + reader.

Handphone -> USB OTG -> Powered USB Hub -> Split into HDD and SD Card Reader

Use a android handphone's file manager to transfer the files directly from SD/CF to your HDD.
thanks for sharing this, I have almost all the things needed, will test out it workable on my devices or not.

No problem. It worked on mine.

File format need to be exFat in order for android to recognise.

I normally just lug my laptop and hdd there, making sure I backup every night to both. If laptop no space, then to HDD.

No problem. It worked on mine.
File format need to be exFat in order for android to recognise.
File System type is exFAT. The file format is a different thing.

Backup meaning having 1 original copy stored e.g. on HDD and another copy backed up in another HDD or DVD? Or u mean just transferring to a permanent storage location?

For holidays I usually bring a netbook along. I use it to backup photos on two portable harddisks.

Ryan

With the current low price of 16GB/32GB... even 64GB... I'll just bring a few more card...

I Always backup everything to my laptop right away.

With the current low price of 16GB/32GB... even 64GB... I'll just bring a few more card...
And how do you transfer your files from one card to the other? Backup is about creating a second copy of data.

I used to bring my iPad 64GB & a "camera connection kit" along,
But soon realize dat iPad's limitation is terrible, limited space n rediculously troublesome as compared to a laptop,
Than I came across this http://www.sandisk.sg/products/wireless/flash-drive/ on weekend,
$89.90 for 16gb
$109.90 for 32gb
Forgot the price for 64gb,

What attracted me was to able to import n export or streaming even on apple iPhone, iPad or android(wireless)
With expandable micro SD up to 128GB,
Wondering if any kind bro have it n maybe a brieft review?

Last edited: