what do you use to backup your sd card while overseas

Mythmaker

Oct 8, 2011
Buangkok MRT
Because it has evolved.

Use a USB OTG and use a combination of your HP, HDD, USB hub, and SD card + reader.

Handphone -> USB OTG -> Powered USB Hub -> Split into HDD and SD Card Reader

Use a android handphone's file manager to transfer the files directly from SD/CF to your HDD.

Last edited:

edutilos-

Dec 28, 2010
The Universe
www.facebook.com
I used to use Vosonic, but the price of the newer models is fairly high while those of laptops (as well as their weight) have come down so.. It became a little hard to justify getting such media devices.

Anyways, because my current camera has dual card slots, there is no longer a need for that. If both cards fail, that's just life. :(

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Because it has evolved.

Use a USB OTG and use a combination of your HP, HDD, USB hub, and SD card + reader.

Handphone -> USB OTG -> Powered USB Hub -> Split into HDD and SD Card Reader

Use a android handphone's file manager to transfer the files directly from SD/CF to your HDD.
thanks for sharing this, I have almost all the things needed, will test out it workable on my devices or not.

Mythmaker

Oct 8, 2011
Buangkok MRT
No problem. It worked on mine.

File format need to be exFat in order for android to recognise.

Feb 5, 2014
Singapore
I normally just lug my laptop and hdd there, making sure I backup every night to both. If laptop no space, then to HDD.

Berkins

Aug 29, 2010
Backup meaning having 1 original copy stored e.g. on HDD and another copy backed up in another HDD or DVD? Or u mean just transferring to a permanent storage location?

giantcanopy

Feb 11, 2007
SG
For holidays I usually bring a netbook along. I use it to backup photos on two portable harddisks.

Ryan

diver-hloc

Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Somewhere North
With the current low price of 16GB/32GB... even 64GB... I'll just bring a few more card...

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
With the current low price of 16GB/32GB... even 64GB... I'll just bring a few more card...
And how do you transfer your files from one card to the other? Backup is about creating a second copy of data.

fatbike

Aug 25, 2011
I used to bring my iPad 64GB & a "camera connection kit" along,
But soon realize dat iPad's limitation is terrible, limited space n rediculously troublesome as compared to a laptop,
Than I came across this http://www.sandisk.sg/products/wireless/flash-drive/ on weekend,
$89.90 for 16gb
$109.90 for 32gb
Forgot the price for 64gb,

What attracted me was to able to import n export or streaming even on apple iPhone, iPad or android(wireless)
With expandable micro SD up to 128GB,
Wondering if any kind bro have it n maybe a brieft review?

Last edited:
Top Bottom