What do you use for conference audio recording?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
Asking for my girlfriend who's recently got to do that.

She borrowed a sony micro cassette recorder which has poor recording and audio playback. I've using philips micro cassette recorder which is excellent for direct dictation but not so good to record conference talk. i owned another digital panasonic voice recorder with usb output but again is only fair for dictation and not conference.

anyone got any idea to better gears for that purpose?

Asking for my girlfriend who's recently got to do that.

She borrowed a sony micro cassette recorder which has poor recording and audio playback. I've using philips micro cassette recorder which is excellent for direct dictation but not so good to record conference talk. i owned another digital panasonic voice recorder with usb output but again is only fair for dictation and not conference.

anyone got any idea to better gears for that purpose?

I use Singtel WorldConference Services. Recording is good. They burn on CDRom and deliver to ur office in 3 working days.. Check Singtel website for more info.

actually just need to record voice (of many people) over a distance during a meeting, to aid in making records (conference minutes)

i tried using my iPod and fixed up with a belkin voice recorder... the sound quality... erm... comparable to those tape recorded ones, but well, if theres a fan blowing, you will get to here those irritaing "wooof" "wooof" sound....

oh wells... thats what i did... sorry cant help you much on this. :dunno:

Sony MD walkman with recording function + stereo condenser mic

if the conference room is big, you can only make do with lousy quality and echoey voice from these small handheld recorders with their built-in mics or single external mic.

best quality for big conference room is minimum of 1 goose neck between 2 persons.

I used something similar to this.

Ask the sound guys to record straight off the system for you?

that looks great. where did you get it? and roughly how much it costs?
Looks good!! I hope it isn't too expensive!

that looks great. where did you get it? and roughly how much it costs?
City Music in Peace Centre carries Zoom products. They quoted $396.

Status
Not open for further replies.