what do you think of this picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfvin

Oct 29, 2005
Bukit Panjang
www.alvinewe.com
shades.jpg

how do i improve on a stationary object?

I think your concept is interesting, but something is not quite right so it doesn't strike me.

I can't put my thumb on it exactly but try a cleaner background for starters. There also needs to be more shadow detail I feel.

I don't know if you intended it but the opposing triangles at the top right and bottom left are interesting but don't stand out enough. Try 1 white triangle 1 black? Or maybe black BG white triangles.

Darn! I hate it when I don't know why I don't like it. Try reshooting with this concept though(the light coming through the sunglass lens). Oh invert the sunglass too maybe?

Cool, I got confused on where the specs lens was (due to the shadow merging quite well with the real rim) initially. Haha.

the lighting concept is quite good. just need to clean up the frame of unnecessary distractions.

sorry, but i'm just a noob in photography! or just snapping photos. and in this forum. heh.

+evenstar said:
The first unsightly thing that catches my eye is the object at the top left corner, followed by the dirty sunglasses lenses and the space at the top right corner

ok, thats alot of critique. :embrass: i will seriously re-take without those terrible stuff.

Stoned said:
I think your concept is interesting, but something is not quite right so it doesn't strike me.

I can't put my thumb on it exactly but try a cleaner background for starters. There also needs to be more shadow detail I feel.

I don't know if you intended it but the opposing triangles at the top right and bottom left are interesting but don't stand out enough. Try 1 white triangle 1 black? Or maybe black BG white triangles.

Darn! I hate it when I don't know why I don't like it. Try reshooting with this concept though(the light coming through the sunglass lens). Oh invert the sunglass too maybe?

thanks alot for the advise. will do a better one. pardon me if the picture is disturbing to you.. haha..

i'll wait for the next wave of strong sunlight that hits my house and retake with much better angle and of course less distraction. haha.

thanks for all critiques and advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.