--- What do you think of the recent increase of ERP gantries in the city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael

Deregistered
Jul 5, 2007
I think the ERP is a very BIG revenue channel for the www.gov.sg.
I will 'SIAM' to avoid going under and hear the irritating 'BEEP'.
Worst when I hear a LONG 'BEEP', that means I'm gonna pay $10+.

Now $50 cash card won't last a week.

Can the car be detected if the IU is dismantled?

i think this a sensitive topic and we should not be too explicit on commenting these kinda revenue streams.

No one likes it and it will be silly to try to deactivate the device. There are cameras all over and even with stealth coated paint, the camera can still record the offense. Just one beep, they can track your car within a couple of day.

Lets learn to deal with it instead.

:thumbsup:

Its a great move by the LTA to solve traffic congestion :cool:

If you are driving, you will not fail to notice that traffic at the 5 new gantries has improved significantly in just one day. I believe traffic has dropped more than 30% in these areas.

Kudos to LTA..

I support ! :)

Please listen Class 95FM for traffic updates

it means i cannot take cab to school anymore when i'm late :(

Depends where you start from. If you are up north and proceed via CTE.. that's serious money to and fro. One month of ERP expenses can buy return air ticket to nearby countries liao.

Depends where you start from. If you are up north and proceed via CTE.. that's serious money to and fro. One month of ERP expenses can buy return air ticket to nearby countries liao.

bedok to NAFA. every ERP gantry you go through can give you an anxiety attack.
no more cabs to school (when i'm late)

bedok to NAFA. every ERP gantry you go through can give you an anxiety attack.
no more cabs to school (when i'm late)

This is 2010.

This is 2050.

THERE IS NO ESCAPE.

it means i cannot take cab to school anymore when i'm late :(

rich boy...
I was riding bicycle when I still schooling.

And when I worry that I'll be late, my solution is waking up earlier, not taking cab.

wat is ERP ? :think: can eat or not ?

Can the car be detected if the IU is dismantled?

The ERP gantries work on radar. They reflect off metal surfaces and are detected. Even if you replace the entire car shell to a non-metallic material, i think the car engine will still show up on the radar.

i have heard that some small bikes with plastic tanks are small enough to go through without being detected.

The ERP gantries work on radar. They reflect off metal surfaces and are detected. Even if you replace the entire car shell to a non-metallic material, i think the car engine will still show up on the radar.

i have heard that some small bikes with plastic tanks are small enough to go through without being detected.

*Stealth Mode ON* :cool:

my colleauges and boss post me a question....

if a foreign car, say a malaysian registered car come to singapore from JB, they are not fitted with the cash card machine, how do they go thru the ERP gentry? :confused:

my colleauges and boss post me a question....

if a foreign car, say a malaysian registered car come to singapore from JB, they are not fitted with the cash card machine, how do they go thru the ERP gentry? :confused:

they have to loan one..

Something interesting!

Q Can I drive a foreign-registered car without an IU on ERP-priced roads?
A Yes, you can drive on any ERP-priced roads during ERP operational hours without installing an IU in your car. You will be charged an ERP fee of S$5 for each day you drive on ERP-priced roads.

This fee is payable with your Autopass card when you depart from the checkpoint. Just remember to have your Autopass card topped up (at 7-Eleven stores, selected petrol stations, top-up booths near the checkpoints and local bank ATMs) with sufficient cash balance to pay for ERP fees, VEP fees and toll charges before you proceed to the checkpoint.

Please note that there is no Autopass card top-up facility within the checkpoint premises.

Source:http://ask.lta.gov.sg/home/lta/listings.asp?projectid=9274006&category=44850#2288597

What do you think of the recent increase of ERP gantries in the city?

I say, Suck BIG TIME! :cry:

Not only have the gantries increased but also the ERP pricing. :(

I have switched to going by public transport when going to city instead of my bike. But then again, I think it helps to reduce pollution ;p

If it results in reduced road usage, greenhouse gas emission, air/noise pollution, oil consumption (and reliance on middle eastern supplies), and improved traffic flow, I am all for it.

Does it increase gov.sg revenue? Say SG has 800,000 registered vehicles, 30% of which (240,000) use some form of ERP and pay an average of $5/working day (260/yr). Total revenue from this = 240,000 x 5 x 260 = $312,000,000 per year. As a percentage of total Govt revenue (historical) for 2006, ($44,314,000,000), works out to be 0.7% (<1%). You can scale the numbers up and down a little to your liking but they still don't come up to something very huge. Not small change for sure, but not very significant either, hardly enough to influence transport policy I think, given how unpopular they tend to be.

Not only have the gantries increased but also the ERP pricing. :(

I have switched to going by public transport when going to city instead of my bike. But then again, I think it helps to reduce pollution ;p
Even with ERP, i think biking into town is still cheaper than public transport. Costs about $3-$4 per round trip on mrt/bus, plus the time wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.