What do you think of people who says.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfgeek

Nov 22, 2011
"For serious photography, it's either canon or nikon (and nothing else)"

In common heard many people saying that

Halfgeek said:

Really? Who the many people? First time im hearing bout it

Halfgeek said:

How come I have not heard it before?

I don't know lots of people.... but those that I know of never said anything similar to this.... :think:

Maybe I'm suay... Hearing it often. Got a bit mental block now.

Agree. There's a LOT out there, though not on CS (or very seldomly). I just laugh it off because I know better.

Agree. There's a LOT out there, though not on CS (or very seldomly). I just laugh it off because I know better.

Yes bro not on CS but a lot outside, Heard from my friends (only few of mu friends dont say tt) And random people on streets.

Recent one was at best denki, when a guy told a girl who was looking at Olympus and sony DSL/DSLT that very same sentence.

In common people are overheard saying that but just with different words.

Oh another sentence I could clear rmb is "don't bother with anything else except canon and Nikon". Also overhead from camera stores.

Last edited:
Halfgeek said:
Yes bro not on CS but a lot. Heard from my friends.... And random people on streets.

Recent one was at best denki, when a guy told a girl who was looking at Olympus and sony DSLR that very same sentence.

In common people are overheard saying that but just with different words.

If you lurk around other photography forums here in SG and in neighbouring countries you'll see this scenario. That's what I like about CS, you get a very different mindset. That's the reason I'm more active here.

If you lurk around other photography forums here in SG and in neighbouring countries you'll see this scenario. That's what I like about CS, you get a very different mindset. That's the reason I'm more active here.

I'm actually looking for a DSLR narrowed down to 600d canon and Sony a65. Have a thread at newbie section seeking for a fine tuned advice after doing some research. I agree that's why I really stop asking friend's for their opinion (except for 1 or 2 friends) and ask here instead :)

Last edited:
I'm actually looking for a DSLR narrowed down to 600d canon and Sony a65. Have a thread at newbie section seeking for a fine tuned advice after doing some research. I agree that's why I really stop asking friend's for their opinion (except for 1 or 2 friends) and ask here instead :)

they are have probably been mesmerized by ken watanabe.

There are usually a few factors there...

1. Higher margins on the Nikon/Canon systems for the shop.
2. A "brand mentality".
3. A "parrot what I heard before" mentality.

My normal reply is: Serious photographers will get the camera that will give them the shots they want, regardless of brand. Serious photography shops will not spout nonsense at people who don't know better".

Hahaha... you should always joke like... you should see the one behind the camera... they may look like a "Monkey" (I often told my little clients to find the monkey behind the camera), but those are people who make the camera click.

Yes, for sport photography and some hardcore segment of photography, these two brands do provide more "Exposure" in the market place... the rest of the camera brand, to be honest, though they are great, they have not reach a market penetration long enough for people to remember.

They (Canon and Nikon) have a great system... others are great system too and it is really depend on how one use it.

I don't use either brand... unless they like to sponsor me... (hahahaha)

Don't worry about that... any camera system are just tools... if you can't have peace with your system... well, you can follow others, but like many things in life, most people will follow rather than lead with their own belief.

Regards,

Hart

I think that line or something along those lines are usually heard on forums cause usually that same bloke don't dare to tell ppl that face to face :D
Face to face, typically salesman like to use it to channel ppl to another brand where they get more commission.
Otherwise, the fella just doesn't know better.

That means they are either fan boys/girls or is really naive and ignorant. I do heard from afew..but who cares..i am happy with the brand im using. (yea obviously im not using Canon or Nikon.)

Rashkae said:
There are usually a few factors there...

1. Higher margins on the Nikon/Canon systems for the shop.
2. A "brand mentality".
3. A "parrot what I heard before" mentality.

My normal reply is: Serious photographers will get the camera that will give them the shots they want, regardless of brand. Serious photography shops will not spout nonsense at people who don't know better".

I'm very much surrounded by #s 2 and 3. :(

I only hear people saying:

"For serious photography, it's only PowerShot and nothing else." :bsmilie:

img_3406.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.