What do you think of a photographer who uses D70 for weddings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Potter

Jun 30, 2005
Hogwarts
As I wanted to buy D70, I was asking around. And just happened to see this photographer, at my relative wedding dinner, who is using D70.

He is a freelance wedding photographer. I asked him if D70 is good. He said yes.

I thought wedding photographer should be using semi-pro or pro camera such as D2H, D2X or 20D, 1Ds kinda cameras.

I didn't ask him why he is using a consumer dSLR as I dunno much about SLR yet, dun want to embarrase myself.

Any comments???????

Harry Potter said:
As I wanted to buy D70, I was asking around. And just happened to see this photographer, at my relative wedding dinner, who is using D70.

He is a freelance wedding photographer. I asked him if D70 is good. He said yes.

I thought wedding photographer should be using good camera such as D2H, D2X or 20D, 1Ds kinda cameras.

I didn't ask him why he is using a consumer dSLR as I dunno much about SLR yet, dun want to embarrase myself.

Any comments???????
Heard of the quote: It's the man behind the camera?

If he produces good results, why does it matter which camera he uses? D70 and a good flash and lens is more than capable for wedding photography.

I'm not against you, but the questions you are asking is totally... nothing-better-to-do type of questions.

Cheers & no offence.

+evenstar said:
Heard of the quote: It's the man behind the camera?

Just curious, will you get someone who use D70 for your own wedding?

Harry Potter said:

I thought wedding photographer should be using good camera such as D2H, D2X or 20D, 1Ds kinda cameras.

Any comments???????
I gonne say this agian: camera is just a tool, what matter most is the person who use the tool, off couse need to use a right tool for a right job.

So you mean you are not going to bother if the photographer can shoot well, as long as he's using D70, the pictures will be automatically good? :sweat:

Harry Potter said:

will you employ a total newbie with zero experience in wedding and events but uses a D2X for your wedding? :confused:

catchlights said:
Yalor, I got better cameras and lenses than you, why I never win awards har? :bsmilie:

yours diff lah, they match age with the pic mah, you over qualified... hehehe...

compare eikin & me, how come i never even get my pics appreciated?

Harry Potter said:

I thought wedding photographer should be using semi-pro or pro camera such as D2H, D2X or 20D, 1Ds kinda cameras.

Any comments???????

Wedding photographers cannot use "Consumer DSLR" ? :sweat:

Just curious, do you by any chance know Ding San Ben? Who disppeared right after the show is over?

catchlights said:
Yalor, I got better cameras and lenses than you, why I never win awards har? :bsmilie:

Oooooi, you very the what leh, stop it liao lah :sticktong

Harry Potter said:

Will u get a newbie who uses a D2X or a record-proven pro to use a D70 for your wedding?

Harry Potter perhaps like to invite flames to him. :)

I won't... heehee I must see the CAMERA used, prints & post-edited images. For me I know what I want, so my expectations & wallet will need to be higher.

As for using D70 for weddings, it's not 'lao-kui' or 'pai-seh' or whatever. It depends on the couple that hired. They might have checked out D2X and 1DS MKII users and find their package excessively high (due to high maintainence cost) and they can't tell the difference of the images (apart from size) between D2X and D70, 1DS MKII and 20D. So might as well opt for the cheaper alternative.

Now you know why I say you need a life? Your thinking needs to be changed... it's not only the camera. LOOK BEYOND THE EQUIPMENT. It's also the skills, prints and post-editing (of course la, a pro body will do better).

Unless of course the D70 photog' is a pian jia one... then different story. Have met one D70 user shooting outdoor wedding @ Fullerton, when a bunch of my Nikon friends walked past with the heavy artillery, he automatically kept his camera behind his back and he faced us until we walk away. Why? We're not looking down on him, he is looking down on himself or his equipment.

Go figure.

yeah i must admit, D70 dont make the tan jiak photog look very professional.

i think thats what you wanted to ask right? Because image wise, its still about the man behind the lens.

But if you are talking about looking good and professional and giving client some kind of assurance...... then I really dont think D70 does that well. But what to do, its a really value for money camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.