What do you think of a photographer who uses D70 for weddings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
scud said:
why is it always the equipment?
like asking "pls specify what cam & flash u use, must be at least 6MP cam, etc etc...."
it is the skills that matter most. eye for details, knowledge of post processing and many more than what u can imagine.
throw a canon system to espn and i'm sure he can do a good job as well.
Why suddenly talk about me :sweat: ... I only know how to operate 10D, 1D MKII only tho', not more. :)

Equipment is a booster for clients, just like RAM, CPU speed, HDD space... hee.

togu said:
Hear hear, Harry, listen to Master Yoda, “You must unlearn what you have learned” ... in GL.

:p
I'm also addicted... go there quite often last time. The food there is yummy. Now seldom go liao, need to lose weight. :bsmilie:

nightwolf75 said:
oh? perhaps u oughta talk to my cousin. she used a canon s50 as a 'happy-snapper' in her fren's wedding. turns out she took better pics than the pro who was hired. her fren loved her pics.

go figure.
Someone called ??? FB is here ... Haa Haa ...
I did take wedding pics with s50 and D70 b4. Wouldnt say they are the best. But I'm still a newbie. :embrass: Know your equipment, that is more important.

Anyway, +1 b4 lock ... :bsmilie:

Harry Potter - How old would you say you are ? That would give us some insight as to where you are comming from.

eikin said:
yes i know, you are wierd :confused:

wierd? y wierd? you are the customer what...if u find taking ad pictures with compact camera is fine for you...then go ahead loh...like that wierd meh?

at the end of the day...its the customer who is paying ...and he will be the judge for your equipments ;)

furball said:
Someone called ??? FB is here ... Haa Haa ...
I did take wedding pics with s50 and D70 b4. Wouldnt say they are the best. But I'm still a newbie. :embrass: Know your equipment, that is more important.

Anyway, +1 b4 lock ... :bsmilie:
Suan me ah.. :(

ellery said:
Harry Potter - How old would you say you are ? That would give us some insight as to where you are comming from.
Might be a clone to just stir some sh!t and leave. Noticed he hasn't replied since Page 1? :)

espn said:
Your thinking needs to be changed... it's not only the camera. LOOK BEYOND THE EQUIPMENT..

Agreed. The equipment is only a medium thru which photographers use to record what they see thru their view finder. With a better camera body and lens, of course the image will look better (assuming that all things are equal). But ultimately the primary deciding factor is still the 'human sensor' -- the creative part of the brain that enables the photographer to really know how to 'see' the images before recording it.

Photography is an art, comprising of many different forms. It is an acquired skill. I suppose that to truly advance in this art, ones has to 'look beyond the equipment', to transcend one's thoughts to an artistic (yet subjective) plain, where such heightened abilities can come into full play.

togu said:
Hear hear, Harry, listen to Master Yoda, “You must unlearn what you have learned” ... in GL.

:p

yes, master togu... learn wat from u i know...
praise2.gif

ambient2004 said:
as u said.."happy snapper"...no stress..can take better u know..hahahah..
anyway, its up to individual lah...i would say that the equipments give assurance and some confidence to the customers...if u do agree with me..

really? then, u might be those who falls for mkting hype. if the equipment used is ur source of comfort and guage of the competency of the photographer, then u might be in for some nasty surprises, like my sis.

having a good/excellent cam might ensure great pics. the caveat is if used properly. having a good/excellent cam will also ensure u have BAD pics, esp since the cam is excellent in showing up every single flaw of the photog.

OMG!!

When will you guys start looking at photos, the works of the photographers...... instead of cameras, lens, cert, etc???? :confused:

Anyway I don't bother anyone shows up a bigger, better camera than mine during a wedding.

A father of a bride I shot lately is a active member of a photography club, award winner some more, when I take the make up stage of the bride in the morning, she is using her parents' room, I saw, two dry cabinets, full of Hasselblad, Leica, Nikon, I told the father of the bride, it would be nice if he can bring out his favorer camera to capture some special moment, don't want to use Hasselblad, Leica also can, but he say don't need, he is not in this area, so I shoot good enough liao. Anyway, I work xtra hard that day. :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
OMG!!

When will you guys start looking at photos, the works of the photographers...... instead of cameras, lens, cert, etc???? :confused:

Anyway I don't bother anyone shows up a bigger, better camera than mine during a wedding.

A father of a bride I shot lately is a active member of a photography club, award winner some more, when I take the make up stage of the bride in the morning, she is using her parents' room, I saw, two dry cabinets, full of Hasselblad, Leica, Nikon, I told the father of the bride, it would be nice if he can bring out his favorer camera to capture some special moment, don't want to use Hasselblad, Leica also can, but he say don't need, he is not in this area, so I shoot good enough liao. Anyway, I work xtra hard that day. :bsmilie:

when you see those equipment in the cabinet, it's time to check if you're underpaid ;p :bsmilie: (just kidding lah ... so you got paid peanuts?)

I've noticed that bridal shop roadshows (of which photographers work with I suppose) feature portfolios of previous weddings, not a display of camera gear that photographers use.

espn: You can shoot my wedding but only if you use a 300/350D. Nikons simply don't cut it. :devil:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
with this kinda trashing... i think its better to keep quiet for the moment...

Bring both the pro body along with the D70 to the wedding, but shoot with D70.
That should solve the "see you no up" syndrome. ;p

r32 said:
espn: You can shoot my wedding but only if you use a 300/350D. Nikons simply don't cut it. :devil:
:eek: *ding ding ding! fight-o!*

scanner said:
Bring both the pro body along with the D70 to the wedding, but shoot with D70.
That should solve the "see you no up" syndrome. ;p

Great idea!

Once I was shooting in an evening gala event, and one of the ladies seeing me taking out a 512 MB CF card, appoached me and said: "Huh? Everyone nowadays using 1 GB card and you are still using a 512, ah?"

So I paused for a second, and slowly reached for my 2 GB CF card in my casing and showed it to her with my response:"Why would I need a 1GB card...when I have a 2GB one??" (gave her a blank look at the same time)

Feeling a bit taken aback, she said:"...like that enough meh?"
I replied: "More than enough for this type of event"
:bsmilie:

snowspeeder said:
Great idea!

Once I was shooting in an evening gala event, and one of the ladies seeing me taking out a 512 MB CF card, appoached me and said: "Huh? Everyone nowadays using 1 GB card and you are still using a 512, ah?"

So I paused for a second, and slowly reached for my 2 GB CF card in my casing and showed it to her with my response:"Why would I need a 1GB card...when I have a 2GB one??" (gave her a blank look at the same time)

Feeling a bit taken aback, she said:"...like that enough meh?"
I replied: "More than enough for this type of event"
:bsmilie:

* togu hide all his 256mb cards, D60, 28-135 lense, grrr... hide himself also...

eikin said:
when you see those equipment in the cabinet, it's time to check if you're underpaid ;p :bsmilie: (just kidding lah ... so you got paid peanuts?)
I alway felt underpaid leh, but hor people said I got no passion, only want money only.

Why they say no money no talk can, when I say same thing pple say I money face? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.