what do you think abt the act of keep locking threads up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
i saw a fellow forumer whose threads are always locked. at first i thought there are certain error in the thread title or something, so they are locked so that new threads would be created. i later realised all his threads are locked up after posting.

then i remembered that years ago, many people have been giving a lot of advises (majority are friendly advises from what i remembered) on how to improve the picture, but the forumer seems not to be interested in that. and the picture remains the same way it is... and then i realise they may have been locked up to prevent comments - and that is about one of the most drastic measures i have seen people doing so far... (some people just post and ignore comments, while some people only respond to positive remarks)...

i just thought the purpose of posting on a forum is afterall for comments, if not a picture gallery for people to actively look for would serve a better purpose. posting tons of threads and not wanting comments, seems to me a waste of the free resource provided by the forum. what do you guys think abt it?

dun ask me who is that person. it is not and not meant to be personal (dun imagine things, we have no bad blood whatsoever, ;D) so it doesn't matter what is the forumer's nick.

i was wondering whether the threads were locked by Mods

but I doubt so.

i was wondering whether the threads were locked by Mods

but I doubt so.

i dun see a reason for the mod to lock up the threads. the pictures are in the correct categories, although they are mostly purposeless snapshots or not well composed.

I know who you are referring to, and the last time we mention it is snapshots, this person buay song and deleted the whole discussion thread, from then on, this person lock the thread once the photo posted, since not interested on people comments, people also not interested to see the photos.

so just let it be.

Last edited:
isn't that a waste of bandwidth?

I know who you are referring to, and the last time we mention it is snapshots, this person buay song and deleted the whole discussion thread, from then on, this person lock the thread once the photo posted, since not interested on people comments, people also not interested to see the photos.

Want to post to say photo nice also cannot. :bsmilie:

Any of the photos nice meh??

kinda bo liao leh....

isn't that a waste of bandwidth?

It looks more like an exhibition of his photos than anything else, then.
Interesting world, this is.
I would say just let it be, the internet so big, CS so big, can not say don't have space for people like him mah.

that guy has finally reached a point where he has become the best photographer in the world

frankly speaking, i never click on his threads. :) waste of time.

WHo? :confused:

Ha ha, now he has taken a step up to block replies. Guess someone has flamed him for his "snapshots" before I do.

lol is his way of seeing no evil...:bsmilie:

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing myself whenever I see his gallery posting and immediately locking after that. If he doesn't want C&C from fellow members, then I wonder why he even bother posting up his pics at all :dunno:

I remembered he used to take part in C&C, his and others, but after that is Post & Lock liao. Weird :sweat:

lets put it in this way, we always say we have the right to express ourselves, so we post our photos, our comments, our thought etc etc...

in fact, a couples years ago, some other people also post images in the forum, but ended up in a heated argument. I suggest to them if they just want to share photos, they can .....

post the images and lock the thread, or

post the images and state only welcome good and nice comments.

so now just take it this is the way he's expressing himself, sharing his photos, I find nothing wrong about it.

He has the right to share his photos, we has the right to chose what photos to view, that's fair and square, everyone happy isn't it?

actually there is no need to lock after posting ... just politely state that TS does not want any comments/bad reviews/etc... :dunno:

actually there is no need to lock after posting ... just politely state that TS does not want any comments/bad reviews/etc... :dunno:

even then, there will still be one or two who will comment and he may not like the comments

even then, there will still be one or two who will comment and he may not like the comments
if the TS has stated his desire and if there are still people wanting to comment, I am sure the members will come to censure these gatecrashers ....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.