What do you think about used Camera bodies?

kriegsketten

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
For me, I'd prefer to buy a new cam body instead of a used one... why? It's like rubbing your nose with the previous user! (of course I don't think some of you would mind if the previous user was a the attractive opposite gender :bsmilie:)

Used lens still okay, since it has some focal lengths away from the face...

What do ya think?

Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone, it's just that my imagination can get really silly sometimes...

I don't mind non-virgins. :embrass:
Easier on the pocket too.

Okay, please let me up the Ante somewhat... Lets say, hypothetically that is, that you pick up a body and looked through the viewfinder, when suddenly you detect a strong organic (non electronic) odor... But the price of the D3 is really really attractive, and it's in 10/10 condition...

Okay, please let me up the Ante somewhat... Lets say, hypothetically that is, that you pick up a body and looked through the viewfinder, when suddenly you detect a strong organic (non electronic) odor... But the price of the D3 is really really attractive, and it's in 10/10 condition...

if price is very good, i buy and sent to NSC for cleaning and servicing.....then i sold it off at a better price. :thumbsup:

I will buy and then send to NSC for cleaning and then I will support Singapore by buying tonnes of CyberClean and then I will wrap it up in gaffer tape and then...

I will sell it off :bsmilie:

But you won't keep it for yourself I suppose?

Dunno, actually if i need that camera, i will buy and use lah. Smell can be easily remove.

I do buy a few 2nd lenses. For camera, the only 2nd hand one is my FM2. I usually will go for a newer range camera, so 1st hand with warrenty is more worth.

Actually, I don't mind 2nd hand camera bodies, its just that the asking prices in the BnS is quite ridiculous sometimes...so it makes it easier to justify spending on a new one instead.

What if there are organic material, like 鼻屎 on the camera..?

I bought a used 400D a few months ago for Aud $400 as my second camera body.

It's good except the sensor needs a good clean.

My reasoning is that the buyers of my photos don't care what I use and pay me the same price whether my camera is $3,000 or $400 and it's faster for me to recoup $400. :)

A photo from the used 400D:

60103.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a used 400D a few months ago for Aud $400 as my second camera body.

It's good except the sensor needs a good clean.

My reasoning is that the buyers of my photos don't care what I use and pay me the same price whether my camera is $3,000 or $400 and it's faster for me to recoup $400. :)

A photo from the used 400D:

60103.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Uncle sion photo is back in action!!!!

Chio man! Unker Sion! I thought you grabbed that from some pro web gallery! :thumbsup:

But I think it should be the other way round!

it is ok if u do know how to check for camera faults etc. Not happy, dont buy, too fussy, dont buy

If you consider high end bodies like 1D or 1Ds bodies, they are usually used by seasoned PGs. Therefore I assumed the bodies are well taken care of during the course of usage.

You can find good minty bodies for lower end bodies too, if you have patience.
Usage may be low due to lost of interest after purchase, or the need to upgrade.
Of course luck do play a small part when buying a 2nd hand body.

IMHO, Good Luck!

If you consider high end bodies like 1D or 1Ds bodies, they are usually used by seasoned PGs. Therefore I assumed the bodies are well taken care of during the course of usage.

You can find good minty bodies for lower end bodies too, if you have patience.
Usage may be low due to lost of interest after purchase, or the need to upgrade.
Of course luck do play a small part when buying a 2nd hand body.

IMHO, Good Luck!

What would be considered low usage exactly? I'm refering to total shoots.