What do you need to avail of Academic pricing for software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theveed

Apr 20, 2007
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
I went to Challenger and saw that Photoshop CS3 is selling under 500SG, how do you avail an academic price? Can I ask a friend who has a student child to buy it for me or will they question why a 10 year old needs Photoshop hehe.

Buying is not a problem as some shop don't even need you to produce any proof or you can tell them you're buying it as a gift for someone who's a student. Only thing is when you're being checked for the license, as the registered owner, you need to prove that at the time of registering, you were a student.

Buying is not a problem as some shop don't even need you to produce any proof or you can tell them you're buying it as a gift for someone who's a student. Only thing is when you're being checked for the license, as the registered owner, you need to prove that at the time of registering, you were a student.

true... i can help him buy, license belong to me... :bsmilie:

forever a student... :devil:

If I remember correctly, the academic version does not allow u to upgrade to future CS4, CS5 etc. U will need to pay a full price version of CS4, instead of paying for a discount price for CS4-upgrade.

If I remember correctly, the academic version does not allow u to upgrade to future CS4, CS5 etc. U will need to pay a full price version of CS4, instead of paying for a discount price for CS4-upgrade.

Usually, in this case, it's not really a problem either. Just buy the new acad version again (not sure abt Adobe, but most of the time, the upgrade is about the same price as the full acad ver). In S'pore, the shops don't seem to care if you've got student ID or not. They'll just remind you "this is for home use only, ok?" and that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.