What do you miss most about the 1990s?

I miss 3 for 10cents sweets. I miss those old playgrounds with structure as high as 2 storeys for people to climb.

I miss 90s japanese street cars such as toyota celica, supra, nissan silvia, mitsubishi gt2000 something like that. Those cars are built with performance in mind, not so much on comfort or safety. Even Honda civic SIR was a joy to drive though it is a sedan. These cars are slim and beauty to look at also.

Nowadays the mainstream cars are getting fatter and heavier and slower.

I agree with you on the playgrounds point! In the past the playgrounds were like massive to us kids with high structures and everyone running around. It was always so crowded! Now playgrounds are so much more minimalist in design and structure and much fewer children playing already..

I agree with you on the playgrounds point! In the past the playgrounds were like massive to us kids with high structures and everyone running around. It was always so crowded! Now playgrounds are so much more minimalist in design and structure and much fewer children playing already..

The children nowadays are more interested in computer games.

The parent's easy way out to "silence" the kids. Cry = Let them play iPad

30 years from now, we'll be all human batteries for the matrix
Are you sure you are in the REAL world now? What you are see/smell/feel/taste now is just plain electronic waves sent to your brain :bsmilie:

I miss the days where homework/exams is all you need to think of and not budgeting to meet day to day expenses.

30 years from now, we'll be all human batteries for the matrix

Maybe right now we are already human batteries for the matrix and in real life, you are really a 15-year old girl :bsmilie:

Maybe right now we are already human batteries for the matrix and in real life, you are really a 15-year old girl :bsmilie:

i really am a 15 year old girl! the randomers can attest to that!

I agree, it's unfortunate though! They should be out playing games or reading books but many children coop themselves up with a laptop playing computer games.

OOOOooohhh!!!! ALIEN WORKSHOP!!! now only got Ah Lian workshop..
I miss my Sega 16-bit, Mario Bros, Sonic the Hedgehog! Oh, and also Tamagochi!!!
but not so much as i miss the original Power Rangers!
Anyone misses N*SYNC, Boyzone, and Backstreet Boys? Hahahaha!

I "was" pink ranger! Lol!
And the boyband fanaticism actually caught onto me then. Still a fan of BSB, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake (mainly those who have stayed relevant to this day) and Spice Girls' songs crack up my karaoke sessions. But I missed good alternative music as well like Blur, Oasis and Suede. What happened to their music?!!

Last time interchange had those touchscreen boxes where students would crowd around them to watch the latest music videos. This, the era when internet was still on dial-up. Lol!!!

I "was" pink ranger! Lol!
And the boyband fanaticism actually caught onto me then. Still a fan of BSB, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake (mainly those who have stayed relevant to this day) and Spice Girls' songs crack up my karaoke sessions. But I missed good alternative music as well like Blur, Oasis and Suede. What happened to their music?!!

Last time interchange had those touchscreen boxes where students would crowd around them to watch the latest music videos. This, the era when internet was still on dial-up. Lol!!!

Oh yes I remember the days of dial-up internet! And when you click on the icon on your computer screen it shows you how long you have been using the Internet for! In the past, using the computer for 1 hour was considered super long already!

I agree, it's unfortunate though! They should be out playing games or reading books but many children coop themselves up with a laptop playing computer games.

I actually feel happy seeing kids playing soccer or other activities with their neighbours at the void decks. This, the few kids that will have better people skills than those comp/iphone gamers. Of coz, punks (bengs/lians/mats/minahs/watever category... tho not all!!) who gather and do nothing but smoke, drink and hang out till late doing nothing in sch uni not included. Lol!!!