What do you look for when selecting Digital SLR?

What do you look for when selecting Digital SLR?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Goldmember

Dec 2, 2002
Moon
While there are no perfect SLR in the world, what do you look for when selecting Digital SLR?

Last edited:
Is this a survey question?

how come no option for price, market & 2nd hand market, i also base my decision on those :)

Correct me if I am wrong, I always thot AF Speed is associated with lens and not body.

Correct me if I am wrong, I always thot AF Speed is associated with lens and not body.

i am not sure. But my observation using same lens on a high end and low end SLR generates different AF speed. It could be the entire system that make the difference.

bananah said:

Depends. For systems with in camera AF motor, like Nikon AFD lenses, the camera body matters a great deal.

I bought my camera because I needed it to fit a particular adapter. The rest were not too high up on my selection priorities

Ryan

- able to AF in totally dark situations by using laser guiding systems.
- shoot at 50fps
- able to mount any lens, from any manufacturer by using a built-in Nano Technology customizable mount adapter
- extremely light yet sturdy tripod legs that can grow out the bottom using Nano Technology
- able to play angry birds on the touch screen AMOLED 3" LCD

- shoot at 50fps
- able to mount any lens, from any manufacturer by using a built-in Nano Technology customizable mount adapter
- extremely light yet sturdy tripod legs that can grow out the bottom using Nano Technology
- able to play angry birds on the touch screen AMOLED 3" LCD

haha lol! I want to see a camera manufacturer do 50fps without cracking the DSLR mirror assembly instantly

anyway FF? why not medium format? haha

Last edited:

Old Sony PnS cameras had this actually. it was their laser pattern method, worked beautifully.

Then the americans started getting stupid about lasers blinding people and wanted to make the sale of lasers a controlled product. So sony had to switch back to the regular red light.

haha lol! I want to see a camera manufacturer do 50fps without cracking the DSLR mirror assembly instantly

anyway FF? why not medium format? haha

That's why Sony is removing the mirror assembly...

Rashkae said:
That's why Sony is removing the mirror assembly...

The rumored A77 is said to be able to hit close to 20.. Then you need to start worrying if the shutter and sensor can take the punishment.