--- What Do You Hate To Encounter Most While Driving/Riding In Singapore?

--- What Do You Hate To Encounter Most While Driving/Riding In Singapore?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael

Deregistered
Jul 5, 2007
Express yourself, release your anger here, not on the road, it's dangerous.

Express yourself, release your anger here, not on the road, it's dangerous.
You mean the anger or the road?
People here drive with an ignorance and blindness that I have rarely seen in all my driving experiences around the world. The number of times I have had somebody pull out directly into my path while having eye-contact with me is almost too many to count. Now-a-days I cycle from Lakeside to Buona Vista and back each day to go to work. I ride on the road, obey the road rules, signal and follow the way a cyclist is meant to behave on the road. Yet, to my ever rising blood pressure and fury, I have found that in order to survive on the road here you need to be extremely aggressive or else you will simply be run over by morons who are not watching where they are going, or simply ignore cyclists. An open hand on the roof of the car followed by flipping the bird at the driver seems to work well.

My other pet hate is people who simply refuse to indicate. These idiots seem to think that people can read their mind. The same goes for the cretins who pull into a left-hand-only turning land and then proceed to drive straight through the crossing, thereby cutting everybody off. I have seen some pretty bad driving in my life (from the motorbikes in Taiwan to the sunday drivers in Italy), and unfortunately Singapore certainly ranks right up there with the worst. Why can't people simply drive with attentiveness, care and courtesy?! :'(

For a road cyclist...

A "cow" that strolls across the road when the red man is staring at them..

I follow traffic rules, stupid cow don't need to follow? Hit them end up also cyclist fault. I'm sure drivers face this problem too.

Where's the "taxi driver" option? :p

Amen to that!

What about taxi driver?
Aren't they same as private car driver?

You will be like them, act like them, behave like them when one day you become part of them. Be in their shoe to understand why they do the things they do.

Just like to understand why people use expensive DSLR, one just need to buy one himself/herself a DSLR and use it.

People who pretend to be asleep on the MRT/Bus and don't want to give up their seats to pregnant women / elderly people / others who need it more than they do.

the "low petrol" indicator.

1 More option

Drivers living in their own world - Inconsiderate Drivers.

ERP!
everything can get over, but ERP die die need to go thru and pay like siao!

u should have made your poll, being able to choose more than one choice... im sure ur thread would be super popular. :bsmilie:

I've been driving for over twenty years, in many different countries all over the world and I think that the standard of driving in Singapore is definitely the worst I have experienced.

1. Too many people drive whilst talking on the phone, smsing etc... it has been proven that even if you are using a hands-free device you are still as dangerous as a drunk driver.

2. Lack of anticipation. People rarely anticipate situations and are only reacting to what is directly in front of them. For example, when you see a lane closed sign, you will still see a lot of drivers keeping to that lane until the last minute, when they then have to push in to the next lane.

3. Signalling. Bad bad bad. People either indicate too early or don't indicate at all. I find that a lot of drivers are also very determined not to give way to someone who has indicated.

4. Taxis. I think the fact that they are driving all day is no excuse to drive badly. In fact, they should be the best drivers in the country given their time on the road but they are not that's for sure. Most of the accidents that I see on the roads involve a taxi, at least 90% I would say. Mirrors and indicators?? Not sure they actually need them in the taxi, I don't think they are used.

5. People generally drive too close, ignoring the two-second rule. I have been the victim of being hit from behind due to carelessness from the driver behind (and a taxi stopping suddenly to pick-up a passenger).

I hate the following drivers:
1. dun signal while turning or changing lane.
2. travel same speed beside me while I need to change lane.
3. like to horn other drivers for no reason
4. like to tailgate.

as a cyclist, i think is better to give way to the cars rather than be knock down by them, thats why i cycle on the road side pavements.
but when you're driving, i hate to admit it is that once i saw my friend give way to other cars when exiting the carpark and end up other cars going straight doesnt slow down in front of a yellow box and give way to him.
it might be good to be more aggressive when it comes to getting out from a carpark.

This is not true when you have an air horn on your bike. I once shocked a cabby jamming his break when I honk at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.