What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokin

Dec 18, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Please give you opinions about this post processing. Would like to find out if this is generally acceptable.

I'll share the workflow if it interests anyone.

Original Pic
image_95639.jpg

Processed Pic
image_95637.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the post processing, really depends on what you are trying to portray thats all...

Cool ! Look like picture in comics. Share the work flow?

:thumbsup: nice. kind to share your work flow?

jimtong said:
yap share your workflow. Interested as well thanks

Thanks for your opinions and interests guys. I used Photoshop 6 for the processing.

Here's the workflow:-

1. Open your picture.

2. Layer > Duplicate Layer > OK. You can use the default new filename.

3. Image > Adjustments > Desaturate.
Your new layer will become B&W.

4. Filter > Stylize > Find Edges. Layer will turn into B&W sketch.

5. At Layer Tab on the right. Click on arrow on normal, it will open up a list of effects. I used Pin Light for the above picture. Try various effects to suit you liking.

6. Having chosen the effect. Go to the Opacity and Fill sliders to blend in your original picture. I used Opacity 68 and Fill 90.

7. Happy with the effect you want? Go to Layer > Flatten Image.

8. Save your new processed picture, preferably with a new filename to maintain your original. You're done.

Happy Editing.

berryhappy said:
nice! :thumbsup:

Thanks, visited your website. Very nice wedding photos :thumbsup: and professional services you're offering.

pascalc said:
Oh, Freo... You're back from Perth already?

Hi pascalc,

Left Perth on 27/03, in Melbourne now. Will be returning to Sg on 03/04.

Apologies, could not catch up with you while in Perth. Friends made arrangements to bring me around. Hardly had time to relax except in the nights.

Thanks for your hospitality anyway :thumbsup: . Perhaps on my next visit will make it a point to look you up. Experienced 2 very hot days there, 41C. Never knew that temperature could get so high in Petth.

Ian - thanks to you too.
Regards

nokin said:
Thanks, visited your website. Very nice wedding photos :thumbsup: and professional services you're offering.

Thank you. :embrass:

nokin said:
Hi pascalc,

Left Perth on 27/03, in Melbourne now. Will be returning to Sg on 03/04.

Apologies, could not catch up with you while in Perth. Friends made arrangements to bring me around. Hardly had time to relax except in the nights.

Thanks for your hospitality anyway :thumbsup: . Perhaps on my next visit will make it a point to look you up. Experienced 2 very hot days there, 41C. Never knew that temperature could get so high in Petth.

Ian - thanks to you too.
Regards

Weather's been pretty cooling of late except for this weekend ;(

Anyway, hope you enjoyed your time in Aust...

Should be home by now! Take care.

:D

pascalc said:
Weather's been pretty cooling of late except for this weekend ;(

Anyway, hope you enjoyed your time in Aust...

Should be home by now! Take care.

:D

Yes, I'm home. Enjoyed myself thoroughly in Aust especially Perth. As a Singaporean, food was always on my mind. Good food at Chinese, Vietnamese Restaurants in town, and had plenty of snacking at Morley.

Boardwalk was interesting. Oystsers, fish n chips at Cicerello's is "still the best". :thumbsup:

Will definitely visit again.
Cheers

nokin said:
Hi pascalc,

Experienced 2 very hot days there, 41C. Never knew that temperature could get so high in Petth.

Ian - thanks to you too.
Regards

Hi Nokin, it's a shame we didn't get a chance to meet up and yes it was pretty warm wasn't it.

Next time perhaps!

Cheers
Ian

Ian said:
Hi Nokin, it's a shame we didn't get a chance to meet up and yes it was pretty warm wasn't it.

Next time perhaps!

Cheers
Ian

Ian, definitely next time and soon too. Ya, sure was hot.
Don't know if you received the SMS which I sent to you while I was there telling you of my tight schedule.

Thanks again

khairi said:
share, share, share...

Don't think my pics are good enough to be posted for viewing :embrass:

Give me a couple of days, I'll post a few.

Ur pics not good for viewing?

I think i'm no better...but who cares...i'm here to learn to correct my weaknesses...i've posted a few shots in this forum and so far no comments...kind of creepy when people look and said nothing about it... ha ha...i'll still post my shots, good or bad. Cos i've finally decided to go a little serious about photography.

khairi said:
Ur pics not good for viewing?

I think i'm no better...but who cares...i'm here to learn to correct my weaknesses...i've posted a few shots in this forum and so far no comments...kind of creepy when people look and said nothing about it... ha ha...i'll still post my shots, good or bad. Cos i've finally decided to go a little serious about photography.

khairi, I posted a few pictures HERE for your viewing. Don't think they're good compared to some you see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.