What do you guys think?


Status
Not open for further replies.

nokin

New Member
Dec 18, 2003
267
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#1
Please give you opinions about this post processing. Would like to find out if this is generally acceptable.

I'll share the workflow if it interests anyone.

Original Pic



Processed Pic
 

coke21

New Member
May 12, 2003
706
0
0
42
East
Visit site
#2
There is nothing wrong with the post processing, really depends on what you are trying to portray thats all...
 

aosis

New Member
Oct 22, 2002
554
0
0
40
Visit site
#5
Cool ! Look like picture in comics. Share the work flow?
 

juste_millieu

Senior Member
Mar 17, 2004
1,615
0
0
#7
:thumbsup: nice. kind to share your work flow?
 

nokin

New Member
Dec 18, 2003
267
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#8
jimtong said:
yap share your workflow. Interested as well thanks
Thanks for your opinions and interests guys. I used Photoshop 6 for the processing.


Here's the workflow:-

1. Open your picture.

2. Layer > Duplicate Layer > OK. You can use the default new filename.

3. Image > Adjustments > Desaturate.
Your new layer will become B&W.

4. Filter > Stylize > Find Edges. Layer will turn into B&W sketch.

5. At Layer Tab on the right. Click on arrow on normal, it will open up a list of effects. I used Pin Light for the above picture. Try various effects to suit you liking.

6. Having chosen the effect. Go to the Opacity and Fill sliders to blend in your original picture. I used Opacity 68 and Fill 90.

7. Happy with the effect you want? Go to Layer > Flatten Image.

8. Save your new processed picture, preferably with a new filename to maintain your original. You're done.

Happy Editing.
 

nokin

New Member
Dec 18, 2003
267
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#11
pascalc said:
Oh, Freo... You're back from Perth already?
Hi pascalc,

Left Perth on 27/03, in Melbourne now. Will be returning to Sg on 03/04.

Apologies, could not catch up with you while in Perth. Friends made arrangements to bring me around. Hardly had time to relax except in the nights.

Thanks for your hospitality anyway :thumbsup: . Perhaps on my next visit will make it a point to look you up. Experienced 2 very hot days there, 41C. Never knew that temperature could get so high in Petth.

Ian - thanks to you too.
Regards
 

pascalc

New Member
Jan 1, 2004
106
0
0
15
Sydney
Visit site
#13
nokin said:
Hi pascalc,

Left Perth on 27/03, in Melbourne now. Will be returning to Sg on 03/04.

Apologies, could not catch up with you while in Perth. Friends made arrangements to bring me around. Hardly had time to relax except in the nights.

Thanks for your hospitality anyway :thumbsup: . Perhaps on my next visit will make it a point to look you up. Experienced 2 very hot days there, 41C. Never knew that temperature could get so high in Petth.

Ian - thanks to you too.
Regards
Weather's been pretty cooling of late except for this weekend ;(

Anyway, hope you enjoyed your time in Aust...

Should be home by now! Take care.

:D
 

nokin

New Member
Dec 18, 2003
267
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#14
pascalc said:
Weather's been pretty cooling of late except for this weekend ;(

Anyway, hope you enjoyed your time in Aust...

Should be home by now! Take care.

:D
Yes, I'm home. Enjoyed myself thoroughly in Aust especially Perth. As a Singaporean, food was always on my mind. Good food at Chinese, Vietnamese Restaurants in town, and had plenty of snacking at Morley.

Boardwalk was interesting. Oystsers, fish n chips at Cicerello's is "still the best". :thumbsup:

Will definitely visit again.
Cheers
 

Ian

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
2,548
0
0
56
Perth Australia
#15
nokin said:
Hi pascalc,

Experienced 2 very hot days there, 41C. Never knew that temperature could get so high in Petth.

Ian - thanks to you too.
Regards
Hi Nokin, it's a shame we didn't get a chance to meet up and yes it was pretty warm wasn't it.

Next time perhaps!

Cheers
Ian
 

nokin

New Member
Dec 18, 2003
267
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#16
Ian said:
Hi Nokin, it's a shame we didn't get a chance to meet up and yes it was pretty warm wasn't it.

Next time perhaps!

Cheers
Ian
Ian, definitely next time and soon too. Ya, sure was hot.
Don't know if you received the SMS which I sent to you while I was there telling you of my tight schedule.

Thanks again
 

khairi

Senior Member
Apr 6, 2004
2,526
0
0
41
yishun
inbloomblog.multiply.com
#19
Ur pics not good for viewing?

I think i'm no better...but who cares...i'm here to learn to correct my weaknesses...i've posted a few shots in this forum and so far no comments...kind of creepy when people look and said nothing about it... ha ha...i'll still post my shots, good or bad. Cos i've finally decided to go a little serious about photography.
 

nokin

New Member
Dec 18, 2003
267
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#20
khairi said:
Ur pics not good for viewing?

I think i'm no better...but who cares...i'm here to learn to correct my weaknesses...i've posted a few shots in this forum and so far no comments...kind of creepy when people look and said nothing about it... ha ha...i'll still post my shots, good or bad. Cos i've finally decided to go a little serious about photography.
khairi, I posted a few pictures HERE for your viewing. Don't think they're good compared to some you see here.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom