What do you guys think about SB-27??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudpool

Apr 30, 2002
Lakeside & Suzhou-China
Hi guys, I am considering buying a speedlight, but with my budget, I can only afford a second hand SB-27. Any comments about this speedlight?? Pros?? Cons??:dunno:

Can't bounce, can't swivel. Kinda basic as well, but it's powerful.

if u're tight on budget,why don't you try to get a second hand SB26? good value for money and still very reliable... :thumbsup:

Originally posted by YSLee
Can't bounce, can't swivel. Kinda basic as well, but it's powerful.

WRONG

The head rotates 90 degrees to the vertical postion and uses the 35mm zoom head position for flash bounce. Flash coverage is from 24-70mm in horizontal postion. IGBT flash gating technology etc.

Can it tilt horizontally or vertically so that the flash can be directed to walls or ceillings for bounce flash? I heard from the seller that it can't bounce much in a big room, like ballrooms, but I don't think i'd be shooting much in those occasions, is it useful?

I think what he meant was that the flash can rotate 90° while still facing the same point, like turning your camera from landscape to potrait. The specs say that it will increase the coverage from 50mm to 70mm. But I'm wondering if it can be tilted to face the celling and use it to bounce flash.

Thanks;) But it doesn't tell me much leh... Seems like not many ppl are using it, and CP oso never stock up on it oso, every time I ask them to quote, they say no stock. And i can't find detailed reviews either, that why I'm turning to you guys here.

I think a new unit costs around 300+ to 400. Someone is offering me a 3 year old unit for $200

Managed to get 2 shots for u to compare...all taken with f4.5 at ISO 200.

Direct Flash
Dflash.jpg

Bounced Flash
Bflash.jpg

wow, nice :eek: :thumbsup: !!! Thanks, sorry to make you go through all the trouble. Where did you bounce the flash?? Can tilt issit? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.