What do you do with your freebie camera bag??

shanmugong

Jun 24, 2011
Bedok
I always have problems disposing the freebie camera bags from the manufacturer. As I travel a lot, I dun like to carry bags that screams DSLR so my freebie canon bag is taking up space in my cupboard. I doubt anybody wants to buy it at the BnS corner. What do you do with your freebie bags? Thinking of sewing something over to cover the logo.

hmm i used a black tape to cover it haha

I always have problems disposing the freebie camera bags from the manufacturer. As I travel a lot, I dun like to carry bags that screams DSLR so my freebie canon bag is taking up space in my cupboard. I doubt anybody wants to buy it at the BnS corner. What do you do with your freebie bags? Thinking of sewing something over to cover the logo.

i dun see anything wrong with the freebie bag. i use it sometimes to travel light for walkabout shoots when i only have a cam body + lens attached. maybe u r too self-conscious? the logos dun bother me at all.

thats where ur wrong..haha u put $10 brand new a lot sms will come in.

My free camera bag now acts as a camera bag insert in my bigger normal bag (w/o proper paddings for cameras)...

otoh, the free bag can be quite convenient when you are sure you want to travel light for some occasions..

I gave my first one away and my second one is still unwrapped inside the cupboard somewhere..Like you i too dun like a bad with a large screaming Canon/Nikon logo on it…
But then again…carrying a lowepro or TT or any other camera bag screams "expensive camera inside" louder than a freebie bag doesn't it…hmmmm

Looks like I have a lot of options here:

1) Ignore the logo
2) Cover the logo with something
3) Sell it for $10
4) Use it as camera insert in a normal bag

Looks like I have just gotten some new ideas for the bag!

I managed to sell the free canon bag for $30 lol.

collecting dust.

I used it until the strap snapped. Now is used as a storage space for accessories like spare batt etc.

Used it once, didn't like it, bought a new bag the next day.

Now on my shelf collecting dust :bsmilie:

I always have problems disposing the freebie camera bags from the manufacturer.
Always? Lucky man who can afford so many entry level cameras with freebie bag :)
My bag served me well during the first years of traveling. I can't say I was very careful, whether it was on boat where seawater splashed on it or on a volcano where the ash and dust covered the bag. I washed it a few times, it still looks good. Despite all bumps it got the camera is still working well.
Another option is to use it for trash or stinky socks. In case it really attracts unwanted attention .. :)

So far mine has been in a bag n sleep in the cupboard for months now! I too don't like to have logo on it and I don't like it being a sling bag as well. Might have used it if it were a backpack... *shrugs*

Sold my Canon 5MDH in BnS. Can fetch higher price if not used. Nice bag, but screaming Canon DSLR here everytime you bring out. Like TS, don't feel safe when using it overseas, in Singapore still ok. Covered with the Canon words with gaffer tape. Then sold it and got a pasar malam bag now.

Always? Lucky man who can afford so many entry level cameras with freebie bag :)
My bag served me well during the first years of traveling. I can't say I was very careful, whether it was on boat where seawater splashed on it or on a volcano where the ash and dust covered the bag. I washed it a few times, it still looks good. Despite all bumps it got the camera is still working well.
Another option is to use it for trash or stinky socks. In case it really attracts unwanted attention .. :)

I started photography SLR days. Got 2 old SLR bodies and 1 DSLR new body. And the bags just accumulate over the years.... And the vintage freebie SLR bags are really ugly looking....

I think I might sell my Canon 5MDH cheap. Getting a little sick of the Canon logo. $50? Any takers? :p

I think I might sell my Canon 5MDH cheap. Getting a little sick of the Canon logo. $50? Any takers? :p

I'll pay double to remove the logo....I need/want a discreet bag (not to expensive too..)