What do you do with spare cash nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi ... one of my policies has just matured and I'm wondering what are the alternatives which I can re-invest the cash ...

I was told by financial planner to re-invest the sum with the company for another 5 years with 3+% per annum interest ...

What are your views? (other than spending all of them on camera equipment)

TIA! :cool:

open a csd a/c ... and open up a host of faxibilety

Open a forex account, invest in grains or wine. 3% is NOTHING, inflation is higher than that.

Hi ... one of my policies has just matured and I'm wondering what are the alternatives which I can re-invest the cash ...

I was told by financial planner to re-invest the sum with the company for another 5 years with 3+% per annum interest ...

What are your views? (other than spending all of them on camera equipment)

TIA! :cool:

If u need the insurance coverage, then your only option is to plonk it back into insurance. But if u are looking for alternatives with higher returns, i reckon Aud deposit will be on option. :)

What spare cash? ;)

Anyway as someone else said, I put some of my $ in AUD$; around 7% return. Sad thing is that still barely beats inflation.

hmm.. actuali i find forex nt nec an option tt exciting f couple of reasons.

chk out OCBC forex time deposit rates.. btw 6.6-7.8% f AUD and 7-8% pa f NZD over holding periods of 1mth to 12mths.
since these r annualised rates, e net interest rate on short term say 3mth deposit, is only 2+%. factor in currency exchange spread which banks usu charge 2-3% (unless preferential f large sums). then e proposition doesn't seem so attractive after all. plus this doesn't factor in currency movement, which cld work agt investor.

wld assume adam's policy is an endowment tt has matured.
couple of options available (assume no immed cash need):
1. re-invest into low risk short term 5yr endowment ($ locked in, w/ net yield of 2+% pa)
2. hold cash to go into investment property (hv to factor in mortgage payment plan n rental yield)
3. invest into diversified portfolio (which cld include direct stock counters, ETF, mutual funds w/ exposure to commod, Asiapac etc)
4. wait f IR in 2009/10 ;p

What spare cash? ;)

Anyway as someone else said, I put some of my $ in AUD$; around 7% return. Sad thing is that still barely beats inflation.
provided the exchange rate will stay, you need to include the loss in exchange rate if you convert it back to SGD cash......

HS

Duo currency with A$ at the moment, please check with your banker for more details and risk involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.