What do you do with nice & good shots????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluemoth

Feb 21, 2004
East, Singapore
Hi everyone. I was just wondering how to make money of some of my good photos. What exactly do you all do to make money with your skill in photography and good photos.
I've been retrench end last year and since then, looking for a job is difficult. I've decided to concentrate on photography in the meantime. I have completed professional courses in photography but am still new in this photography business line. Therefore, I do hope that there would be some suggestions from all you experienced photographers.
I know if I were to work as a studio photographer the market rate would be between Sin$800-$1800 depending on experience right? So how do you all live or rather make ends meet with this salary or is there other areas as well in making money.
Forgive me as I'm still new in the Business of Photography but definitely not new in handling a camera. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

hi, i remember i read an article, u can try to approach some mag company or events organizing company, and ask them if u can be their photographer? or juz leave ur contact with them and ask them to get back to u. U can approach a few companies (Gotta be hardworking on this) I'm sure one company will get contact wif u. If ur works are good, i believe they will come back to u again... or they can recommand u to other ppl.....

Juz a suggestion......

nickpower said:
hi, i remember i read an article, u can try to approach some mag company or events organizing company, and ask them if u can be their photographer? or juz leave ur contact with them and ask them to get back to u. U can approach a few companies (Gotta be hardworking on this) I'm sure one company will get contact wif u. If ur works are good, i believe they will come back to u again... or they can recommand u to other ppl.....

Juz a suggestion......

Hi nickpower thanks for the suggestion will try it at least it's an option. I thought that there are companies that hire freelancers at a fix salary and will inform the photographers if there are any upcoming assignments. Is this true and are you in the photography line full time or part time and have you gotten any assignment so far, cause I'm just curious as to how this whole thing works. Thank again :thumbsup:

Bluemoth said:
Hi nickpower thanks for the suggestion will try it at least it's an option. I thought that there are companies that hire freelancers at a fix salary and will inform the photographers if there are any upcoming assignments. Is this true and are you in the photography line full time or part time and have you gotten any assignment so far, cause I'm just curious as to how this whole thing works. Thank again :thumbsup:

oo i am still a student. Hmm.. when ever i see any posters for like funfair or bazzar or events in my school, i wil email the organizers to ask if they need a photographer. So far i am not charging cos i want the expericence, maybe will start to charge when i am more confident. So far i have done one assignment and got one more coming up. Usually there will be a more expericence photographer in the event, i juz tag along. At least i have the freedom to snap pictures.
Abt companies having freelance photographer, i am not sure. But no harm contacting them and "market" urself. U can offer cheaper rates and better service to attract customers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.