What do you clean and protect your leather boots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Red Wings boot oil to protect my Red Wing leather boots. It moisturises the leather, making it soft and more durable coz leather tends to get hard & brittle after much sun and rain.

I agreed with Drudkh on that it is better to use your fingers to applied the mink oil or boot oil or other leather protection chemicals on the leather. I was taught by the Red Wings guys to massage the oil into the leather, & I have been doing it ever since, once every half year. So far, the effect is good as I have been wearing my leather boots for 6 years already, and it is still in good condition, very seasoned and very very comfortable. ;)

Kiwi. :bsmilie:

malamute72 said:
I use Red Wings boot oil to protect my Red Wing leather boots. It moisturises the leather, making it soft and more durable coz leather tends to get hard & brittle after much sun and rain.

I agreed with Drudkh on that it is better to use your fingers to applied the mink oil or boot oil or other leather protection chemicals on the leather. I was taught by the Red Wings guys to massage the oil into the leather, & I have been doing it ever since, once every half year. So far, the effect is good as I have been wearing my leather boots for 6 years already, and it is still in good condition, very seasoned and very very comfortable. ;)

Wow! You really know how to take care of things! Your Red Wing Boots can last for 6 years! My Timberland one failed me just 2 years of use! :confused:
I am wearing Red Wings shoe too for around a year plus liao...very comfortable boots that I ever wear b4!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the tips, malamute72! ;)
But however, I heard that the use of Kiwi will only dry up and makes your leather boots crack, is that true? :think:

yo yo yo chinese new year coming, need my help to cut and comb hair ha ha.

juz joking, happy new year

copperbird said:
yo yo yo chinese new year coming, need my help to cut and comb hair ha ha.

juz joking, happy new year

You are very OT le! Here talk about shoes and now you talking about combing hair!!! :sticktong
Haha..anyway, Happy New Year to you too!!! :D

i saw tv said we can use banana skin the innerside or wipe cream dunno does it work anot... try youself then u know :)

i use kiwi coz SAF tot me to use that...

Last night channel 8 sho'sw recommend a shop that do leather cleaning at siglap centre. (Koreans couple I think)

anyone checking it out?

Hi XXX Boy,

It's good to know that you are wearing a pair of Red Wings & appreciating them. They are indeed the most comfortable leather shoes that I have worn. ;) Not to mention that they are quite lasting too. So far, I have only re-sole my Red Wings once coz the leather out last the soles after frequent/continuous usage. :thumbsup:

I have never try using Kiwi on my Red Wings. I am not sure if it will dry and crack the leather, but I am afraid that it will block up the leather pores and prevents the leather from 'breathing' and thus, causing a foul smell to come from the leather after wearing the shoes. :(

The best is that you can go down to the Red Wings Shop @ Far East Plaza and get the boot oil or mink cream from there. I think they also sell other brands of leather protection chemicals. The sales manager there is very helpful and he will teach you how to apply the oil/cream to protect your Red Wings. Look for Eddie or Ben.

Trust me, it is really worth to take the time/effort to protect your Red Wings boots. & the oil doesn't cost a lot of money, probably a few dollars. & your leather boots will go a long way, man! ;)

Cheers.

malamute72 said:
Hi XXX Boy,

It's good to know that you are wearing a pair of Red Wings & appreciating them. They are indeed the most comfortable leather shoes that I have worn. ;) Not to mention that they are quite lasting too. So far, I have only re-sole my Red Wings once coz the leather out last the soles after frequent/continuous usage. :thumbsup:

I have never try using Kiwi on my Red Wings. I am not sure if it will dry and crack the leather, but I am afraid that it will block up the leather pores and prevents the leather from 'breathing' and thus, causing a foul smell to come from the leather after wearing the shoes. :(

The best is that you can go down to the Red Wings Shop @ Far East Plaza and get the boot oil or mink cream from there. I think they also sell other brands of leather protection chemicals. The sales manager there is very helpful and he will teach you how to apply the oil/cream to protect your Red Wings. Look for Eddie or Ben.

Trust me, it is really worth to take the time/effort to protect your Red Wings boots. & the oil doesn't cost a lot of money, probably a few dollars. & your leather boots will go a long way, man! ;)

Cheers.

Thanks for the info! And anyway, how much do you pay for the re-sole?

I paid S$80 to re-sole my shoe with Vibram soles. It is more lasting then the normal white sole from Red Wings. You can do you re-soling at Red Wings, & they have got 3 choices of soles to choose from.

You have been wearing your Red Wings for 1 plus years, right? It is still too early to re-sole your shoes. I re-sole my boot only after 4 years. Those Red Wings are quite lasting, you know. ;)

malamute72 said:
I paid S$80 to re-sole my shoe with Vibram soles. It is more lasting then the normal white sole from Red Wings. You can do you re-soling at Red Wings, & they have got 3 choices of soles to choose from.

You have been wearing your Red Wings for 1 plus years, right? It is still too early to re-sole your shoes. I re-sole my boot only after 4 years. Those Red Wings are quite lasting, you know. ;)

Thanks for the advice!
Vibram soles is what color ah? Why do you say that it is more lasting than the white sole? And how about the other soles?
The more I wear my Red Wings, the more I love it. It become soft and very comfortable to wear now! :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.