what do you bring when you travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

igpenguin

Jan 30, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi all,

Putting my question in the Banal Talk board since I am not sure whether it's considered too trivia?

What photo equipment do you bring while you travel? (er, I am not sure how to make the question more open-ended). What goes on in your brain (or what are your hands reaching out for) when you pack?

On my recent trips I packed film and a T4 and a manual SLR with a 24mm. Had to carry too much of other things.

Originally posted by igpenguin
Hi all,

Putting my question in the Banal Talk board since I am not sure whether it's considered too trivia?

What photo equipment do you bring while you travel? (er, I am not sure how to make the question more open-ended). What goes on in your brain (or what are your hands reaching out for) when you pack?

On my recent trips I packed film and a T4 and a manual SLR with a 24mm. Had to carry too much of other things.
Your question would be more appropriate for General Photography Chat, I'll move it there. ;)

Anyway, to answer your question, when I travel, it really depends on the length of my trip and the amount of time I have for photography. If it's a holiday type of trip, I'll probably pack film (both slides and negatives) plus most of my equipment including tripod. If it's a business type of trip, I'll probably just bring a DC with me.

i've just came back frm tokyo, and this is my stash:

- EOS 300 body w/ BP-200 batt pack
- 28-80mm 3.5-5.6 lens
- 50mm 1.8 lens
- 2x teleconverter
- extra batt
- 3 rolls of slides and 1 roll neg

for me, i used the 20-80mm lens all the time as the lighting was right, if not the 1.8 will kick in.
also, scenic places will need a wide angle lens to capture the essence. also, if the place is cold, pack additional batt as the temp diff will have the camera eating batt for breakfast.

for me, i think that tokyo wold look best in slides, and it did. the neg was purely for backup. it would be wise to bring along a compact camera for backup and they can gif excellent results.

just my 2 censt worth.

cheers,
leonard

I bring the following on all my trip:

16 AA battery(8x 1700mAH, 8x 1600mAH)
3 x 64MB smartmedia
1 x 128 smartmedia
My camera C700uz, with lense adapter
1 x Polar. filter
1 x +4 Closeup filter
1 x UV filter
My travel tripod(light)
My olympus charger BU-200(with plugs)
My laptop if I go on super long trip >8 days. (It has built in smartmedia reader)

That's all.. and of course.. myself.

Depends on the trip.

For short treks (2-5 days):
a) Nikon F65
b) 28-80mm
c) 70-300mm Sigma APO MACRO
d) tripod (yes, up the mountain and over rivers - my friends think i'm crazy, but what do they know??)
e) a pair of spare CR2 batts
f) film (just got into slides so will be bringing 'em on me next trek)
g) polarising filter
h) lens/camera cleaning kit (important)
stuffed into a Lowepro Photorunner (except the tripod).

For holiday trips:
a) All of the above
b) Oly 2100UZ
c) 1.8 X Telecoverter
d) 1 X 128 MB
e) 1 X 64 MB
f) 1 X 32 MB
g) 12 X AA batteries
h) AA battery charger

usually i just bring my
1. FM2 BODY
2. 50mm 1.4

this is what i bring for my trip from singapore to china .

that all i need . no need batt no need len cleaner( i just use my tee shirt and wipe the len ), no need tripod ( the last time i bring a mon0-pod i use it as a treaking stick when i hike in the MT in cheng mai , did not even took any shot with the mono-pod , no need flash
no need spear batt . no charger , oh yeh i usually buy the flim when i'm there chances is theprice is cheaper
but got to see where . so far it work for me even in places like LAOS up in the Mt i got the flim before i cross the border 6 roll is enough to last a few days for me . so is easy .

rem to bring yourself .

My nikon F80
28-80mm f3.5-5.6 Af non-G
Sb28
10 rolls of neg
15-30mm sigma
2x4aa battries
lens pen

chinese new year was in sichuan, china. i bring:-
M6 .58, 28MM, 50MM, 90MM, POLA FILTER.
3 roll vs100.
my olympus digital polaroid c-40zoom.

Originally posted by howie
chinese new year was in sichuan, china. i bring:-
M6 .58, 28MM, 50MM, 90MM, POLA FILTER.
3 roll vs100.
my olympus digital polaroid c-40zoom.

You mean the .85? I thought there was only the .72 and .85?

I brought the following:

1. Casio QV2900UX
2. Wide-angle converter
3. 1x 256MB CF, 1x 128MB CF
4. 5 sets of 4 NiMH rechargeable, 2x Panasonic 3V lithium batteries
5. Tripod
6. Metz 32 Z-1
7. Flash bracket
8. Blower and lens paper
Rarely,
9. Filters (polariser, close-up, star) and teleconverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.