What do you bring (photographic equipment) for travel

Will be 16-35/f4vr most of the time. Evening/night will be 24/f1.4. 85 is just in case. Based on travelling experience I seldom use the 85. I don't change lens frequently, so it's ok.

Actually, it's not a lot la, sounds a lot but rest of the stuff are small stuff. So tons of space left in UD35.

doug3fflux said:
Woah that's a lot. With kids still got time to change lenses etc?

My gears listed below plus video camera n 2 tripods for previous trip (minus rx100). Future might be more, but for that passion, no choice.

Have an upcoming trip to Seoul and Jeju island in december and am going to bring the following:
Canon 5DII
24-105 F4
Canon 580EX w/ 2 sets of fully charged GP recyko NiMH batteries
Sirui T-025 mini CF tripod. This tripod is 30cm long when stowed and weighs 800g!
Crumpler pretty bella backpack
Crumpler 6MDH
Standard cleaning kit

Decided to go on a one-lens approach for this trip, missing out on UWA range but compensated for by the tripod to allow me to do panoramic photos and long-exposures instead. This tripod is really small, intended for M4/3 or mirrorless cameras but but the ballhead can take the weight of the 5d2 and 24-105 with no issues. Really looking forward to my trip!

Planning to bring the 600D + 15-85mm for my up coming trip to Sydney. Only have 2 batteries so was wondering if that is sufficient for a whole day walkabout? And if I am keen to capture some night shots of the Opera House, can this lens handle it? Or should I bring the 50mm f1.8?

Trying to minimise the gears to avoid aching shoulders/back. :)

What all I fit into my Kata Owl bag:

Canon 7D
Canon 450D - secondary camera (but will stop carrying once I get a good underwater P&S camera)
Canon 10-22mm wide angle
Tamron 28-75mm
Canon 70-200mm f2.8
Sirui tripod

Accessories:
- 16GB CF card x 2
- extra camera battery
- chargers
- interval remote
- external hard drive to create back-up of photos at end of day

I leave my 50mm at home as I found I barely used it on my travels.

And if I am keen to capture some night shots of the Opera House, can this lens handle it? Or should I bring the 50mm f1.8?

You need a tripod ( unfortunately )

A superzoom bridge camera SX50HS
My old 500D coupled with a fast prime (say 35mm f1.4 or 85mm f1.4)
Tripod
Flash

Accessories such as batteries etc.

You need a tripod ( unfortunately )

Haiz .... I was hoping that I can skip that as I don't have a good tripod. Only have the one that came free with the camera purchase.

What all I fit into my Kata Owl bag:

- external hard drive to create back-up of photos at end of day

Are you using the normal type of external HDD that require a PC/Laptop to do the back-up or something which can plug in the memory card and perform auto back-up?

GhostAccord said:
Only have 2 batteries so was wondering if that is sufficient for a whole day walkabout?

Unless you shoot videos, 2 fully charged batteries should be much more than sufficient for photo taking for a day. At least for me.

Just remember to charge them at the end of the day.

giantcanopy said:
Unless you shoot videos, 2 fully charged batteries should be much more than sufficient for photo taking for a day. At least for me.

Just remember to charge them at the end of the day.

No plans for video but you never know. Just praying hard that 2 batteries will at least last me for a day of shooting before going back to charge them.

Heading down to Phuket end of next week. As of now packing light.

1. D3s
2. 28 f/1.8G
3. 50 f/1.8G

Undecided if I'm going to bring my SB700.