what do u tink??

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2o

Nov 24, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
hi all,

wat do u tink of tis reef scene??? pls comment...........

DS051110060036_copy.jpg

What's the subject? Is there one?

ScoobaKev said:
What's the subject? Is there one?

i sought of know wat u mean....there can be 3 subjects in the scene......i was trying to capture the whole scene by itself.......

any suggestions as to how to have the cake and eat it???

thks...............

To put it figuratively, there needs to be a 'cake' firstly- a prominent subject that captures the attention of the viewer. For eg. one of your previous photos had the lionfish. Even though it was not well-lit, there was something for the viewer to focus on. Start with that, then work out how you want to compose it, light it etc... or add in other secondary subjects.

i think its not wide enough.

the foreground takes up alot of the picture (almost 2/3) and seems to suggest there's something interesting in there. so i hunt and search but nothing.

plus the shadow top right looks like something of interest, but alas, i can't make out what it is. is it a manta? or a catamaran? heh.

::from the perspective of a non-expert viewer::

ScoobaKev said:
To put it figuratively, there needs to be a 'cake' firstly- a prominent subject that captures the attention of the viewer. For eg. one of your previous photos had the lionfish. Even though it was not well-lit, there was something for the viewer to focus on. Start with that, then work out how you want to compose it, light it etc... or add in other secondary subjects.

ya man.....good tip.......thx:)

my desserts plate idea is not working.........i reckon it make most viewers:confused:

antacid said:
i think its not wide enough.

the foreground takes up alot of the picture (almost 2/3) and seems to suggest there's something interesting in there. so i hunt and search but nothing.

plus the shadow top right looks like something of interest, but alas, i can't make out what it is. is it a manta? or a catamaran? heh.

::from the perspective of a non-expert viewer::

i tink if it gets wider, it will be more lack of focus...........

the foreground is where my subject is.....however, as i have tried to take in the whole scene, it has contributed to some confusion as to wat is the subject.....

the shadow in the background is my secondary point of interest.....it is actually a shadow cast by a hill on the surface......i did hope that it can be that of the manta;)

thx for your comments....:)

perhaps the main subject is the yellow sponge coral and you were trying to place it using the 3rds rule. If the yellow sponge was more exposed (brighter) , your pic will have more focus.

not trying to hijack ur thread, but at least give you some idea.

DSC_3635_edited.thumb.jpg

WhyZzzzzz said:
perhaps the main subject is the yellow sponge coral and you were trying to place it using the 3rds rule. If the yellow sponge was more exposed (brighter) , your pic will have more focus.

not trying to hijack ur thread, but at least give you some idea.

DSC_3635_edited.thumb.jpg

no worries....any comments or examples are most welcome.............thx.........

Status
Not open for further replies.