What do u guys think about extender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestrokk

Jun 3, 2008
Jurong, Singapore
I am thinking seriously to buy a Tamron 17-50mm lens.
My next target would be a tele lens.
I was wondering, is it worth will to buy n use a extender?
Increasing the scope to 100mm would greatly reduce my pocket from buying a longer lens.

However, i didnt see manay people post about extenders.
Would like to know how u all feel using one.

Cheers~

That is possible if you're tight on budget. Just note that the TC will reduce 1-2 stops of light (1 stop if using 1.4x, and 2 stops for 2x). So if you're using the 2x TC, your 17-50/2.8 lens will become 34-100/5.6, which can be limited in low light condition. Furthermore, the drop in IQ can be quite significant as well.

Yah, i think thats y not many people is promoting extenders.
Think i should jus splurge on a good lens la...
Damn... the BBB virus~ :p

Donno which system you're using,

but if u r a nikon user, go to BnS, these few days got some 70-300g lens for 130-160 floating around. Cheap but not very good, but still cheap. Problem solved. Then save enuff liao then go get a good lens.

I am thinking seriously to buy a Tamron 17-50mm lens.
My next target would be a tele lens.
I was wondering, is it worth will to buy n use a extender?
Increasing the scope to 100mm would greatly reduce my pocket from buying a longer lens.

However, i didnt see manay people post about extenders.
Would like to know how u all feel using one.

Cheers~

Dun get one if you're bothered with the image quality. The main reason why ppl buy teleconverters would be to increase the focal lenght for lenses which would be not affordable otherwise.

Such as for a 300mm lens to be 600mm.

For 50 to 100, I dun think there is a point to do so.... :)

absolutely pointless... with extender u get 100mm f5.6, might as well get any of the 55-200 or 70-300... give you further range, same aperture, probably better performance and might even be cheaper.

absolutely pointless... with extender u get 100mm f5.6, might as well get any of the 55-200 or 70-300... give you further range, same aperture, probably better performance and might even be cheaper.

Thanks Explorer, i think that is quite true!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.