What do u do when taxi driver get lost ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

htthach

Feb 26, 2006
dover
What if you tell them to go to Canadian Embassy and they get lost, making lots of U turn and finally open a map to see and say that this is the wrong way. And of course the meter just keep counting. Do comfort taxi has any refund policy for that?

htthach said:
What if you tell them to go to Canadian Embassy and they get lost, making lots of U turn and finally open a map to see and say that this is the wrong way. And of course the meter just keep counting. Do comfort taxi has any refund policy for that?

I ask to help, look at the map and tell them where to go and then pay them what the meter says unless they keep going past it or long way round to get a bigger fair then i will only pay what I think is right. The silly thing is, if they get me to where i want to go quickly and poilitly, i always tip. So its their loss to try and get a bigger fair.

Usually no refund policy. And if u think the driver's not being honest, acting blur and going in circles simply to rack up the fare, u can fire a complain off to Comfort.

htthach said:
This is how I usually do, and when I use this method, most taxi drivers I encountered (so far) won't argue with me because I guess I am correct, in a sense. I guess drivers are also worried that passengers may complain to the taxi company. :)

Usually I take note from that point onwards that he tells me that he is lost in which, either you will know or the driver will say something like he missed the exit/U-turn/whatever. I will use my handphone and take note of the pricing at the particular point. Until the driver gets back on the right "track", I will take note of the new rate on the meter. So if the difference between the first record and second record is $3 (for example), upon reaching my destination I will tell the driver that he has to deduct those $3 from the total amount.

So far, this method works for me. But if he turns hostile, just remember to ask for a receipt because the receipt will have all the information such as the license plate number, the time you board the taxi etc. At least you will have enough proof if there is a need to complain to the taxi company.

Just my two cents worth.

{mich} :)

mich_2103 said:
This is how I usually do, and when I use this method, most taxi drivers I encountered (so far) won't argue with me because I guess I am correct, in a sense. I guess drivers are also worried that passengers may complain to the taxi company. :)

Usually I take note from that point onwards that he tells me that he is lost in which, either you will know or the driver will say something like he missed the exit/U-turn/whatever. I will use my handphone and take note of the pricing at the particular point. Until the driver gets back on the right "track", I will take note of the new rate on the meter. So if the difference between the first record and second record is $3 (for example), upon reaching my destination I will tell the driver that he has to deduct those $3 from the total amount.

So far, this method works for me. But if he turns hostile, just remember to ask for a receipt because the receipt will have all the information such as the license plate number, the time you board the taxi etc. At least you will have enough proof if there is a need to complain to the taxi company.

Just my two cents worth.

I don't usually make a fuss and like wildstallion I will usually tip the driver. But your method sounds good to me. It leaves little room for arguments. I will give it a try.

mich_2103 said:

Just my two cents worth.

I find it quite bothersome. If the driver does not know the way when you first ask for directions, you can leave to flag an another taxi or if he/she says she is not sure but willing to try to get to your destination. You can't fought him/her for willingness and most cabs in s'pore are not out to cheat.

Actually i'm quite ashame of some cab commuters in s'pore, penalise the driver until most ask what routes you want to the T.

I been in this situation before,what i do is i tell the cab driver say i normally pay this particular amount for this route and just pay and go.
Otherwise will make noise ask for discount,normally it works.

I arranged to meet a friend of a friend today at the Malay Heritage Centre, Kampong Glam. I got a phone call from him saying that he couldn't find me and that the taxi driver said he had dropped him there. Turns out he was at the Malay Village, near Geylang! Lucky we've all got handphones otherwise we would never have met up!

taxis :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:
i nvr ever take a taxi unless its urgent or my transport is down..
they only appear after peak hrs started..
sometimes i tink they r out to cheat yr money juz by goin a big round b4 reaching yr stop..

VR2 said:
sometimes i tink they r out to cheat yr money juz by goin a big round b4 reaching yr stop..

I think this is a rather large generalisation. They have a tough job, give them a break. I know I wouldnt want to drive around for 8 hours plus every day and only make a few bucks!

whenever i go up taxi, i will tell him the location and not tell him where the place is near. to see if he really know where is it.

if he asked me, where is it near, i will know he doesn't know the place and tendency to get lost and i will not take his taxi to avoid misunderstanding or argument :embrass:

VR2 said:
yeap...yeap...i do agree a lot of them!!!:devil: :devil:

:think: sounds so bad, so far my encounter have been pretty good, at most is just $2+/- off the previous time i went to the same place.

increase $$$ and chaning of peak hr time :thumbsd:

wildstallion said:
I think this is a rather large generalisation. They have a tough job, give them a break. I know I wouldnt want to drive around for 8 hours plus every day and only make a few bucks!

not all, but majority r doin dat..
i pity those really helpfull and kind taxi driver being brought down by those :thumbsd: ones..
lost during off peak and come out only during peak hrs..
some not even bother to put on "on call" sign even w/o customer.

htthach said:

It is acceptable to get lost.
Some people have a good sense of topography (me).
Some get lost easily and cannot remember which way to drive.

What is wrong with consulting the street directory?
It is placed in the taxi to be used.

Some taxi drivers just take the long and wrong way all the time assuring you they know the way.
Some pretend not to understand you (BKK taxi drivers) and fake language problem bringing you to the wrong destination.
Some (BKK taxi drivers) refuse to bring you to the place you want to go, but instead to the jewelery mega store which gives them commissions.

jus encountered 1 who dun-kno-but-pretend-2-kno taxi driver from a major cab co. luckily i was not delayed too long & was given a discount from d total fare. :sweatsm:

i knew sometime's amiss when tt driver made several wrong turns. might as well ask me 2 guide, at least i wont b leave d cab fuming... ;(

cab fare go up standard requirement go down? :sticktong

htthach said:

SG taxi drivers majority considered very good & honest, they treat both locals and tourists same and use meter. compared to 'our neighbours' taxi drivers most don't use meter and are '$harks' out to eat everyone (tourists and even locals as well)

VR2 said:
increase $$$ and chaning of peak hr time :thumbsd:

increase in fares and change of peak hrs are dictated by their company not the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.