What do u do to your RAW files after Processing?

What do you do to your RAW files after processesing

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzr500abe

Mar 19, 2005
Hi all,

Juz curious to know what would u do to your raw files after post processing done (PS maybe).

keep together and burn to DVD

in a few years when you PS skills improve you can still reprocess for an even better image

The moment I have converted the raw files into 16 bits tiffs I trash them from my CF Cards to make room for the batch of images.

The raw files have little use for me as I do PS works on my tiff files which are burned into CDs to keep. Any future manipulation I do will be done on the retouched, tone and colour-corrected tiffs.

Sion said:
The moment I have converted the raw files into 16 bits tiffs I trash them from my CF Cards to make room for the batch of images.

The raw files have little use for me as I do PS works on my tiff files which are burned into CDs to keep. Any future manipulation I do will be done on the retouched, tone and colour-corrected tiffs.

JUz a curious question...would'nt 16 bits tiffs take up more memory space than RAW, thus longer processing time ( I remember by tiff files are almost twice a large as RAW when shoot on my camera ). Or when u save in tiff using PS, file size is not changed? I've not save in tiff before.

oh ya... i missed out the tiff option in the poll.:sweatsm:

Strange enough, no 1 voted for DNG, which is said to be the common RAW format. But can i say that if i have tiff i won't need DNG ?

None of the above :)

They are saved to a large raid array and then backed out on to DVD and or tape.

Sorry OT abit, may i ask if there is any good website about RAW. I am interested to learn about RAW images, as quite people many in CS are doing it.
Forgive me for such newbie question. Are RAW pictures sharper than jpegs?

RAW are your negatives...not processed at all..if you save them in jpeg and then edit the images in jpeg...it will result in the degradation of the picture. You can refer to Scott Kelby's book Photoshop Cs for photographers...it will give u more insight..other than that...search the postings....this question has been asked countless of times..

I save them and then back them up.

Belano said:
Sorry OT abit, may i ask if there is any good website about RAW. I am interested to learn about RAW images, as quite people many in CS are doing it.
Forgive me for such newbie question. Are RAW pictures sharper than jpegs?

there is a good adobe article on why RAW. I'll try to find it.

RAW files are like negatives, I keep them all.

Thanks for all your valuable replies.

Thanks for making me realise the importance of RAW and in fact almost all photgraphers (if not most) swear by it.

Shooting RAW has its drawbacks...ie slow and memory intensive....but i might like it if i shoot and process more and discover more advantages of RAW.:dunno:

BTW for those who shoot RAW, DO YOU LIKE SHOOTING RAW ? :sweatsm:

RAWyal Rumble :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.