What do u all think of the T&C of Singapore in Pixels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oeyvind > T&C suggests it's a grab-all rights contest for all entries.

poondq > thats what singapore gov always do lol... never say the answer directly lol ^^
anyways just submit some useless pics inside my old database lol..

Tupi Guy > was about to post this too. Totally agreed with you esp clause 18

kelvinkhoo > There is 1 rule that is very simple in every contest. That is: if your are happy with the rules, obey the rules, if not.... don't join the contest.

RichardSeah > I e-mailed STB and asked them to clarify clause 18. I asked if it means we lose all rights or that STB have the rights to use the image but we still own the rights. #15, #16

KopiOkaya > The terms and conditions stated in this photo contest is simply unacceptable even in our local context. Don't be lured into their 'baits' and turn ourselves into pro bono stock photographers for them.

lets starts...

ahahah still need to continue ah?????

simple la, happy join lor if not then dun join lor. Even the whole CS or the whole island make noise, it still make no diff lor :)

that event thread sure got ppl continue talk one.. + got some digger too:bsmilie:... i will leave this thread open for 3week.. if no talk talk i will delete this thread.:bsmilie:

ahahah still need to continue ah?????

simple la, happy join lor if not then dun join lor. Even the whole CS or the whole island make noise, it still make no diff lor :)

What if all photo contests in Singapore progressively practice this kind of dubious terms and conditions? Some good souls among us will have to voice out and make the organizers (be it present or future) aware that artists have got our rights too.

Last edited:
Tupi Guy > was about to post this too. Totally agreed with you esp clause 18
[/URL]

Honestly, they are not the 1st to be like this.

that event thread sure got ppl continue talk one.. + got some digger too:bsmilie:... i will leave this thread open for 3week.. if no talk talk i will delete this thread.:bsmilie:

hahaha people like me and you to come in here TCSS hahahahaha

What if all photo contests in Singapore progressively practice this kind of dubious terms and conditions? Some good souls among us will have to voice out and make the organizers (be it present or future) aware that artists have got our rights too.

Honestly, do you think it will affect you if u are the organizers??? They will tell you, not happy dun join lor, hahahaha

When one is all out with this kind of rules and regulations. They are prepared la, and they know what they want too. Time are bad lor, so maybe they also no budget for "Pro"perly photographer's photos. So come out this? And it been a trend in SIngapore, luckily some are good enough with the rules.

And no one FORCE us to join too. Best is some might just trying hard to "cut" down the participants to rise their chances lor, and i wont be surprised :)

Last edited:
Honestly, do you think it will affect you if u are the organizers??? They will tell you, not happy dun join lor, hahahaha

That does not mean I must to yield to their rules and regulations if I consider to submit my entries. I have the responsibility and the rights to question them.

In everyday living, let's say your boss is being unreasonable, will you resign from your job immediately?

Last edited:
In everyday living, let's say your boss is being unreasonable, don't tell me you will quit your job and leave immediately?

hahahaha that why i am not working ah :) It jsut a matter of choices one has made :)

Ok la, enjoy the thread, me heading out for kopi liao :) TATA

Me too.... ;) I am the owner of an education centre and a operates from my home studio as a wedding and commercial photographer.

hahaha i am owner of nothing and doing nothing is kind of my profession :bsmilie:

you always have a choice.

just inform other people of what their choice encompasses, let them decide.

there will still be people who are happy with the exposure they will get from the competition, the prizes.. why force your opinion down people's throats? :)

Adolf Hitler did that and he was partially successful.
Chairman Mao did that and he was successful.
Karl Marx did that and he was very successful.

and...?

everyone wants to be chairman mao, adolf hitler and karl marx?

if you're trying to make a point, pardon me while i do not see it. people also have the choice to take adolf's opinion, chairman mao's opinion, karl marx's opinion. not everyone believed in it, and this is why democracy is the reigning political system we have today; though whether it is the most ideal theoretically.. is another story for another day.

Last edited:
this is why democracy is the reigning political system we have today

So you think democracy is the reigning political system? My point is - were those terms and conditions being written and established by someone who believed in democracy? Sadly, I doubt so.

And..... that organizer is no better than Hitler/Marx/Mao. That is why there are some people who take their opinions and living with it (happily), and some, like Richard and I, who don't.

Last edited:
consider the fact that you won and own a $3k camera... so pict is worth so much moleh... quite good what.

conside the fact you din win :bsmilie:

anyway, stb is already very generous here. i hav a buddy who dont get paid after submitting several photos and some being used for prints. no credit mention either. suck thumb.:thumbsd:

anyway, for those who are keen, just go for it.. nothing will stop you from winning the prizes. all the best!

And..... that organizer is no better than Hitler/Marx/Mao. That is why there are some people who take their opinions and living with it (happily), and some, like Richard and I, who don't.

"Battle not with monsters
lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss
the abyss gazes into you."

-- Nietzsche

shrug, i'm sure you get it, since you're the man. :)

And to quote back from Nietzsche himself:

“We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us.”

Status
Not open for further replies.