what do the shops do with display models after it's not popular..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsQ

Jan 27, 2002
River Valley
Visit site
Say a old camera, they have it in display but no more stock. What are they doing to do with it? are they going to repack it and try to sell it as new? or return to the manufacturer? or.........?

do u think shops repack demo/display model and sell it as new trying to bluff buyer? it's illegal rite?

Reputable shops will do stock clearance. And I don't think repack and sell to customer is illegal.

Originally posted by TsQ
Say a old camera, they have it in display but no more stock. What are they doing to do with it? are they going to repack it and try to sell it as new? or return to the manufacturer? or.........?

do u think shops repack demo/display model and sell it as new trying to bluff buyer? it's illegal rite?

Display item as long as it's not damaged in any way or sold b4, should be considered new since it carries a full warranty and full accessories as those which aren't on display. Think lots of retailers do this.

Safe sells them at a discount but usually the condition is quite bad and accessories are missing.

Originally posted by mpenza
Safe sells them at a discount but usually the condition is quite bad and accessories are missing.

Oh, you mean those on display that let others caress until the whole thing like s**t like that one ah???

Originally posted by Jayan

Oh, you mean those on display that let others caress until the whole thing like s**t like that one ah???

I guess so. Someone found that the "heavily discounted" units were badly scratched and has missing accessories. There probably are some display units which are in much better conditions though.

Originally posted by mpenza

I guess so. Someone found that the "heavily discounted" units were badly scratched and has missing accessories. There probably are some display units which are in much better conditions though.

Big departmental store chains can afford to let ppl freely 'caress' the display units cos they can make back the $$$ soon enuff.....their selling price is not much diff from the MSRP of the manufacturer.

I'm not surprise if that 'heavily discounted' price is actually close to or slightly lower than the cost price of the DC.

Smaller stores like CP, AP etc. have most of their display units locked behind glass cabinets...onli when u ask then they let u touch what....where got let u freely touch one?!?! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.