what do i need for macro photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kross

Sep 15, 2004
earth
what are the recommended marco lenses, flashes and tripod for entry level? :D besides these, what else do i need for macro shots?
thx. :)

i'm using a 300D. :)

kross said:
what are the recommended marco lenses, flashes and tripod for entry level? :D besides these, what else do i need for macro shots?

Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro USM
Tamron 90mm f2.8 SP Di Macro
Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX HSM Macro
Canon 550EX flash with bounce card or omnibounce
Tripod.. maybe Manfrotto 190pro or 055Pro ?
:D

too bad u not using a nikon....the sb 29 ring flash attached to the lens is really good for illuminating macro shots..

majere2sg said:
Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro USM
Tamron 90mm f2.8 SP Di Macro
Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX HSM Macro
Canon 550EX flash with bounce card or omnibounce
Tripod.. maybe Manfrotto 190pro or 055Pro ?
:D

how much is the 190pro or 055Pro tripod?
thx.

kross said:

Just in case you forget, you'll need a subject too!!! :bsmilie:

Ok, I'll shut up now! :)

kross said:

Entry level would be the Sigma 105mm Macro (around $600 or so), Sigma 500 DG Flash ($300+) and probably a tripod with head that can support the weight of the setup. I'd opt for the 190PRO over the 055PRO, because I believe the 190PRO will be able to take the weight of this setup. As for the choice of tripod head it's up to you to get a 3-way pan tilt or a ball head.

If you don't want to use a dedicated macro lens, you could always use the EF 75-300mm or Sigma 70-300 APO, or whatever telephoto zoom lens with extension tube and/or close up filer. Just depends what you want.

Also remember the cable release for the 300D to trigger it when it's tripod mounted to minimise any handshake.

thx for the tips guys. :)

Hi,

Say if i'm using the sigma 70-300 APO Macro lens and is looking at extension tube, would a single 25mm extension tube be sufficient for general macro shoot like flowers and insects? or shld i go for the those set of 3 extension tubes which offer more flexibility? and of course at higher cost......

TIA!

mr_jason said:
If you don't want to use a dedicated macro lens, you could always use the EF 75-300mm or Sigma 70-300 APO, or whatever telephoto zoom lens with extension tube and/or close up filer. Just depends what you want.

Also remember the cable release for the 300D to trigger it when it's tripod mounted to minimise any handshake.

Status
Not open for further replies.