What CPL to use with Tokina 12-24mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikonShooter

Jul 30, 2006
Hi all, may I know what brand of CPL that you use with your Tokina 12-24mm without vignetting at wide angle? I have tried the Tokina non-slim, it produces vignetting at 12-14mm. I believe Hoya non-slim is the same. Any idea? B+W is generally too expensive for me.

any slim version would do... of cos it will vignett if you keep on trying the same non-slim version...
next would be the brand; nikon? b+w? kenko? hoya? marumi? its all boil up to your budget. I went for Marumi since it is the cheapest of all, but only via eBay. :thumbsup:

Polariser works on different angles of the incident polarised light. Due to wide angle, you will not get even effect throughout the frame.

BC

Hi ExplorerZ, just want to check with you is it possible to put on the original Tokina lens cap after using the Marumi DHG CPL?

Hi Scaglietti, yup I just came across a photography book which mentioned that many pros avoid using CPL on super wide angle lens. I understand the effect of polarising might not be evenly spread across the frame, not sure whether want to invest on CPL or not.

I am using Tokina 12-24 with Marumi DHG CPL also :thumbsup: The Marumi DHG is slim and multicoated. And it can still put on the original Tokina cap.

If you want better than Marumi, choose Nikon CPL II as B+W will vignett at the wider angle due to the slightly smaller glass surface compare to others.

The B+W make better bulit quality with thicker ring with label infront but it sacrifice for a smaller glass surface.

My friend used normal hoya CPL filter. Don't see much vignette on his pic.

Maybe he is not zooming to the widest zoom range like 12mm-14mm?

Hi ExplorerZ, just want to check with you is it possible to put on the original Tokina lens cap after using the Marumi DHG CPL?

Hi Scaglietti, yup I just came across a photography book which mentioned that many pros avoid using CPL on super wide angle lens. I understand the effect of polarising might not be evenly spread across the frame, not sure whether want to invest on CPL or not.

yes like deadend have said, no problem using any lens cap or even additional filter, there still front thread on the DHG. :thumbsup:

its about S$90+ if you get them from eBay including shipping which is about 50% of the Nikon CPL II or 40% of B+W normal slim CPL (non-mrc)

Hi guys, where to get this slim verson CPL filter ? Cathay only carry B&W. thanks

Anyone has experience using it with Tokina standard thickness (non-slim) CPL? or some other brands of standard CPL? Please kindly advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.