what constitues a well loved made in china movie.

that article actually points out that there was every possibility that the chinese introduced the technology to the europeans through trade.

chinese navigational compass invented 1177, european version 1190. maybe it is better to read your links before you post them up........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_science_and_technology_in_China

everything we do now is related to relativity, and quantum physics and gravity?

when i take a deep breath, the quarks and gravity are helping me? don't think so.

ah. but when ur taking a deep breath, u are doing a stuff related chemistry which has to do with oxygen bonding with haemogoblins. china invented the compass? not the one we are using. theirs was water based remember? the europeans were using dry based,while china had theirs on a bowl of water.

ps my spelling. no time to check. as for maths, its a development in many places lar. cant solely say who invented it. what i meant was major developments that could be clearly credited and still have uses in modern world.

certainly dy/dx didnt come from them:think:

ah. but when ur taking a deep breath, u are doing a stuff related chemistry which has to do with oxygen bonding with haemogoblins. china invented the compass? not the one we are using. theirs was water based remember? the europeans were using dry based,while china had theirs on a bowl of water.

and your point is that a water based compass cannot be used for navigation? what does the modern day compass have to do with whether the chinese used their compass for navigation or not? please read all your earlier posts.

what does "chemistry" have to do with relativity, quantum physics or gravity? let's not shift the goal post here conveniently when you earlier made statements that everything we did today was related to these 3 things. :nono:

it's so sad when people think that the development of science is a single-sided effort by the western world, and despite evidence to the contrary, will insist non-stop that china has produced nothing of use to modern society. perhaps western influences have blinded us so much that we think that china is really that backward and is only filled with farmers who farm and grow rice for the world. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
it's so sad when people think that the development of science is a single-sided effort by the western world, and despite evidence to the contrary, will insist non-stop that china has produced nothing of use to modern society. perhaps western influences have blinded us so much that we think that china is really that backward and is only filled with farmers who farm and grow rice for the world. :bsmilie:

It is very sad that many young ppls had forgotten their roots and blindly worshipping western culture. They don't know that many westerner are still racist and look down on us.

Btw, many of the Compass in the modern world is still water base.

It is very sad that many young ppls had forgotten their roots and blindly worshipping western culture. They don't know that many westerner are still racist and look down on us.

yes, a huge proportion do that.

i don't know if you will get it when you come.. hopefully not. i think after the first year here the singaporeans just laugh at it because it's quite funny.

that said, a lot of them are nice people as well, really open-minded, etc.. and they respect chinese culture and how it has contributed to the world as well. TCM is quite applauded by a lot of westerners actually. it's a very different approach. :)

and your point is that a water based compass cannot be used for navigation? what does the modern day compass have to do with whether the chinese used their compass for navigation or not? please read all your earlier posts.

what does "chemistry" have to do with relativity, quantum physics or gravity? let's not shift the goal post here conveniently when you earlier made statements that everything we did today was related to these 3 things. :nono:

chemistry is the understanding of very very very small things. and tats quantum.
newton's laws govern the worldy state of affairs. at least at the normal day level.
and einstein's relativity governs the heavens. big massive objects.

chem's model of atoms are based on quantum mechanics.
newton governs ur acceleration, velocity and cars speeding.
einstein is incharge of ur gps system.

fair enough?:bsmilie:

not true. i'm jsut giving the due respect to einstein, newton and the predecessors who made my life moer exciting.

i dun worship western culture. afterall, i am part of a very traditional chinese family. i'm just irritated at how ppl can put each others culture down.:bsmilie:

and china's westerner bashing movies are top on my hit list.

and next would be george bush jr.

yes, a huge proportion do that.

i don't know if you will get it when you come.. hopefully not. i think after the first year here the singaporeans just laugh at it because it's quite funny.

that said, a lot of them are nice people as well, really open-minded, etc.. and they respect chinese culture and how it has contributed to the world as well. TCM is quite applauded by a lot of westerners actually. it's a very different approach. :)

tcm is a viable approach. more just needs to be developed and be understood. big market on it:bsmilie:

chem's model of atoms are based on quantum mechanics.
newton governs ur acceleration, velocity and cars speeding.
einstein is incharge of ur gps system.

fair enough?:bsmilie:

like that also can..

might as well say production of my pisai is based on quantum mechanics.

never knew my pisai is so high tech. :thumbsup:

and china's westerner bashing movies are top on my hit list.

the west bashes itself too.

you might want to take a look at "charles wilson's war", "hotel rwanda" to name a few. they do it indirectly, but the message is so very clear.

michael moore is a leader of bashing his own country as well.

maybe if you stop watching all the popular movies in singapore that get heavy advertising because of cheap appeal, you will get to look at the bigger picture.

the west bashes itself too.

you might want to take a look at "charles wilson's war", "hotel rwanda" to name a few. they do it indirectly, but the message is so very clear.

michael moore is a leader of bashing his own country as well.

maybe if you stop watching all the popular movies in singapore that get heavy advertising because of cheap appeal, you will get to look at the bigger picture.

and point being its those cheap appeal tat the common ppl watch. who watches the inconvenient truth :dunno: even that has loads of political messages.

hmm. is it? i'm raising a valid point here hmm. i can raise examples of such movies. jsut wanting ppl to be more aware of wad they are viewing and to be concious of such notions tahts all.

TS, good to read up some history and facts, and see things beyond the surface.

hi bro, i do understand that your latter comments in this thread takes a clearer and even position but be cautious when putting first post comments like what you did......... it borders on inflamatory

sorry brother....

p/s no qualms about the rest of your comments

Last edited:
A few example are
Compass
Printing
Gunpower

Without this above 3 invention, EIC wouldn't exists.....and Singapore wouldn't exist.:bsmilie:

Hi, You missed out 'PAPER', I think was during Han Dynasty, pple before Han Dynasty were still using bamboo strips... In fact ancient Chinese were the first civilsation to invent 'Toilet paper' as well.

:)

Last edited:
:bsmilie:

A good read on how US stand on film maker. That why most film portrait US as world hero even at a expense on altering history.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/hollywood-and-the-pentagon/

the best joke I had saw was the ending of movie "black hawk down".

Becos China is ever growing strong. Most of its technology are 'clones' from the western tech, but do everyone realised that it takes a high tech level of technology to even clone the best. The Chinese are good at this, and seemingly better than the west. Thus most younger ppl think that China does not have any contribution to the world at all. But in fact, the Chinese inventions were all done before the west were still in dark ages.

As China is become more powerful, the west particular USA sees her as a potiential enemy. Read this, and you will find that the US no longer sees the former Soviet Union is no longer a threat...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dawn_(2010_film)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dawn

http://bbs.tiexue.net/post_3860219_1.html

Even a game has changed opponent.

http://news.ifeng.com/mil/3/200909/0930_341_1371284_6.shtml

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1032927p1.html

Sadly, but truth is either :thumbsd: some countries are too jealous of China, or just out another film to make big bucks at the expense of another country's reputation.

Last edited: