What Compact Camera should i buy?

tayhm

Nov 4, 2010
My budget is around $400 - $450. Am considering to get the canon sx130 IS what is your view on that? Is the canon sx130 IS good? If not, is there any other recommendation?

My budget is around $400 - $450. Am considering to get the canon sx130 IS what is your view on that? Is the canon sx130 IS good? If not, is there any other recommendation?

It is your money dude. You have to decide which camera you should buy. We cannot make your decisions for you...

SOrry, just realized you are not a dude, but a dudette.

But still, you need to get what you want and what you like. You cannot live your life for others.

Check this out from a popular UK Mag.

Top 10 Best Digital Compacts : Travel Compact Camera
http://www.photoradar.com/reviews/buying-guides/top-10-best-digital-compacts-travel-compact-cameras

Top 10 Best Digital Compacts : Budget Compact Camera
http://www.photoradar.com/reviews/buying-guides/top-10-best-digital-compacts-budget-compact-cameras

Top 10 Best Digital Compacts : Ultra Compact Camera
http://www.photoradar.com/reviews/buying-guides/top-10-best-digital-compacts-ultra-compact-cameras

+1, Coolthought. Those 3 sites are very helpful. I almost made my purchase this evening for a Sony W350 as I lost my Lumix FP8 recently. The Panasonic Lumix TZ10 looks good in specs.

spare another $150.. and get canon S95.. :)

How much is a Panasonic Lumix TZ10 now?
Where can i buy the cheapest 1?

the cheapest place may not be the best shop for you to go . . . you may end up buying other things as well . . . :nono:

get from one of those reputated shops which give reasonable price (lower than the RRP; Recommended Retailed Price) . . . you can find them at the Price Guide Sub Forum . . . :)

Thanks. is it possible to find a cheap camera that takes good quality picture? what do you think of the nikon coolpix l22?:)

+1, Coolthought. Those 3 sites are very helpful. I almost made my purchase this evening for a Sony W350 as I lost my Lumix FP8 recently. The Panasonic Lumix TZ10 looks good in specs.

These are a few of the more recent compact review done by our fellow csers with more details and closer look at the ability and limitation of the reviewed camera.
Samsung EX-1 Review
Nikon Coolpix P7000 non technical/scientific field test
REVIEW - Panasonic LX5

Thanks. is it possible to find a cheap camera that takes good quality picture? what do you think of the nikon coolpix l22?:)

I recommend ixus 300 HS around $334 without freebies. You can get the memory card, screen protector and pouch separately, price is still below 400 in total.

Cheap and good, the best place is BnS.

Please note, cheap does not usually go hand in hand with quality. Unless you are willing to go for old technology. Some older cams, still take awesome pictures by today's standard. You may want to check out the Canon G9, or even the older Lumix LX3.

I wanted to buy a LX3, but the shop is not selling them anymore.

If not, any idea where i can buy 1st hand panasonic lumix lx3? Cause i know mscolor is not selling it anymore.

If not, any idea where i can buy 1st hand panasonic lumix lx3? Cause i know mscolor is not selling it anymore.

Not sure but maybe you can try bigger stores like best denki, harvey norman, courts.... and our Bns.

I went to their website. Looks like they stop selling it already too. :(

Mustafa still has it... go there and bargain down.

Just curious, why are some people so negative about Double A batteries operated camera?

Just curious, why are some people so negative about Double A batteries operated camera?

huh? I am not negative about AA battery operated cameras.

I have some cameras that uses AAs. And I think they are wonderful.

Mustafa sells it at $649. :eek: