what combination of lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenglw86

Dec 27, 2006
hi all. i've been doing some research and i'd like to get the opinions of the more experienced CSers. from what i've read, i understand that lenses with long zooms, such as the VR 18-200mm from nikon, are normally plagued with optical problems such as distortion and viginetting. therefore, i'm taking a close look at getting a combination of smaller zooms. can anyone here recommend to me which combination of zooms would be most ideal for range between 18mm to 200mm or 300mm?

btw, if anyone knows of a long zoom lens that has little or none of the optical problems i mentioned above, i'd also like to hear about it.

thanks in advance for any advice :)

17-35

28-70

70-200

300 f2.8...

These does not really have the problem stated...

17-35

28-70

70-200

300 f2.8...

These does not really have the problem stated...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SWEE SWEE bro! My answer too! Except that I would replace the 300mm f/2.8 with a 200-400mm VR!! :bsmilie:

er 12-24.. got a small range of 17-24mm within ts' requirements mah..
anyway, what westwest1 mentioned sort of sums up the cream of the corp for nikkor lens.. :)

er 12-24.. got a small range of 17-24mm within ts' requirements mah..
anyway, what westwest1 mentioned sort of sums up the cream of the corp for nikkor lens.. :)

Yup! :bsmilie:
Buy those lenses, then dun ever need to buy anything else within that range liao! :sweat: ;p

thanks to all those who replied! i agree that all these lenses are top grade, but i kinda forgot to mention that i'm on a budget too. i'll keep these lenses in mind for my "dream list", that's for sure, but how about lenses which are cheaper but still good for their price range?

thanks to all those who replied! i agree that all these lenses are top grade, but i kinda forgot to mention that i'm on a budget too. i'll keep these lenses in mind for my "dream list", that's for sure, but how about lenses which are cheaper but still good for their price range?
budget? without stating, all the top grade lens crap will come in again.

hm lower budget? here is a Tamron combo.. ;)
2 lens worth considering.. Tamron 17-50 or 28-75..

i am not so sure of consumer grade Nikkor lens as i am not a nikon user to begin with.. :sweat:

sigma, tamron, tokina combination :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
10-20, 17-50, 50-135. :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.